The Utah Lacrosse team cracked the Top-20…

Viewing 2 reply threads

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

…for the first time this season, and neither of our final two opponents have much hope of defeating us. We’ll still have to win the conference tournament if we have any hopes of finishing ranked — and that means a likely rematch vs. #16 Jacksonville in the title game.
      Utah needs to only beat one of our two remaining opponents to lock up the #1 seed in the conference tournament, and can fall no further than #2. But a single loss in any of our remaining regular season or tournament game will permanently boot us out of the rankings for the remainder of the season.
      We’ve got Cleveland St in our final Home game of the season Saturday night. Face-off at 7pm MDT. Despite having one of the top programs in the country in “attendance”, our 2022 average of 1,453 had plummeted this year, down to 1,074. We have a good team this year, so hopefully more of you UteHub locals can find the time to show up to support our boys, and drive up the demand for one of the fasting growing, and exciting sports in the country.
      GO UTES!!!

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

I commend you on your enthusiasm.  

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Two seasons in a row cracking  ranks!

that’s pretty remarkable!!

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

What are your thoughts on how we match up with J-ville state?  Was it just our day with the snow, altitude and home field or are we just that good?

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

I think it’s a little “all-of-the-above”.  Jacksonville is a good team, but they’ve had some head-scratchers like beating now-2nd-ranked Duke back in February, then following that up by narrowly defeating Mercer (4-9) and Cleveland St (5-6).  And there was nothing impressive about their 5-pt win over Lindenwood (2-8), who up until 2-months ago, was a Div-II team, who would’ve struggled to beat Westminster.

That said, it’s looking like Jacksonville’s best games were at Home, and you can be sure Utah’s 4,300-ft altitude provided the Utes with a bit better of an edge than we’ll be enjoying up in the Allegheny’s 1,200-ft, but we should still be able to run better.

Utah also scheduled very aggressively early in the season, so where it comes to “big games”, Utah is accustomed to playing to the final whistle.

Sadly, I didn’t get to see all of our games, as three occurred while I was still at work, and several of our roadies weren’t broadcast.  But from what I’d seen, I believe that Utah and Air Force are the only ASUN teams capable of beating Jacksonville this year, and they won’t be easy.  Last year, we’d lost in the title game in the rubbermatch between us and Robert Morris, and Jacksonville is a far better team this year than RMU was last.  And I think we’re about the same.  So we’re going to really need to bring our “A” game, and hope that JU plays like they did vs. Mercer, Cleveland St, and/or Lindenwood.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports The Utah Lacrosse team cracked the Top-20…