The Utah Lacrosse team finished with a 9-0 conference record…

Viewing 2 reply threads

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

…after beating Queen’s University in Charlotte, NC this morning, 18-6. This is our 2nd consecutive season wherein we’d swept all conference opponents.
      Having already locked up the #1 seed, Utah will travel to Moon Township, PA for the conference tournament. This year’s tournament is different than last year’s, as last year only took the Top-4 seeds, whereas this year, the 1st (Utah) and 2nd (Air Force) seeded teams will be awarded a 1st-Rd bye, while #4 will face #5, and #3 (Jacksonville) will face #6 in the opening round on Tue, May 2nd. The winner of the 4/5 game will face Utah on Thu, May 5th, while the winner of the 3/6 game will draw Air Force.
      The conference title game will then be played on Sat, May 7th, with the winner headed to the national tournament (Wed, May 10th thru Mon, May 29th).

Final Seeding Update:
      #1 Utah (10-4)
      #2 Air Force (10-5)
      #3 Jacksonville (12-2)
      #4 Mercer (6-9)
      #5 Bellarmine (10-5)
      #6 Robert Morris (7-7)

This year’s conference tournament will be played on the Home field of bottom-seeded Robert Morris, so I guess we’ll find out soon enough how much of an advantage that gives them when they’re paired up with Jacksonville.
      GO UTES!!!

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Do you know of off the top of your head the conference tourney is on espn+ or some other stream?

ColumbiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @columbiaute

Yes! The games will be on ESPN+

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Per the ASUN’s Lacrosse website, all conference tournament games are expected to be broadcast on ESPN+.

I really wish the PACN would get involved in broadcasting some of Utah’s games.

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

They broadcast Linwood. ASUN might have some opinions about that I’d imagine…

Thanks to both of you for the info. Looks like I’m 10$ poorer.

Lino
      Ute Fan
      @linowillingham

I couldn’t be more thrilled with the recent news that our team won the game against Queen’s University and that we took first place in the conference. This proves that Utah has a real advantage over other teams in the conference, and I hope that this advantage will help us achieve even more success in the conference tournament and the national tournament. While some may think that seeding Robert Morris at the bottom will give them a home field advantage, I think Utah can easily handle any challenges that come their way to victory. Of course, the tournament can be unpredictable and it’s not always the strongest that wins, but I am confident that Utah can do great things and represent their university with dignity.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports The Utah Lacrosse team finished with a 9-0 conference record…