This scene from a kids movie reminds me of Utah fans relationship with Wilson

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

https://youtu.be/vYWs96Ct2lk?t=30s

Travis Wilson has had to battle through a ton of adversity in his career at Utah. He is just a college athlete and I believe the best option Utah has at Quarterback. I think he passed up Scott Mitchell for some record, he is about to pass up Alex Smith for wins. Just shup up and enjoy the ride. Most negative nelly fans have said that Utah wouldn’t compete in the PAC12 for 10 or 15 years. Utah is competing and winning after five.

I get it though we are all fanatics and get caught up in the moment. I have accepted Wilson isn’t a passing Quarterback. The dude is pretty good in the run game though made some great reads against a pretty damn good defense last night. Wilson will make mistakes and I for one will get over it because he gets the W. Utah is playing with house money at this point because 8 wins was a benchmark most fans had set. Not to say I wouldn’t be very disappointed if Utah drops the next three games. I just hope they leave this week 9-1 really every game is killer in this conference.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That about captures it. I’m just surprised that the Coaching Staff could not recruit someone that could have supplanted him these past 4 years. They’ve excelled at recruiting for other positions, just not QB.

Also, there is a contingent that blames Dave Christiansen for messing with Wilson’s head last year. Sorry, but if you watched the game last night, Wilson’s decision making is not a strong point.

In the end, we must ride this horse which has brought us to this point. Line up the bottles, drink, enjoy or be p**sed. It has been a good season.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

The fact that Wilson is our best option is an indictment of the coaching staff and recruiting mistakes.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I think Travis was a promising recruit, and the decisions he makes in a game are his own, but at some level the system failed him. It’s pretty hard to develop a quarterback when you change offensive coordinators every year.

Travis is our QB. There is no one else on the roster who could step in and immediately do a better job. I support him, and think we still have a solid chance to win out with him under center.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

I really hoped that with all the coaching turnover this past offseason that Whit would go out and get a solid, proven QB coach. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Clearly either we’re not bringing in QB talent or we’re not developing that talent once it gets on campus.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We are what we are. Travis is what he is. Sounds dumb, but that’s the deal. Like his ability or not, he’s a proven winner.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

What’s sad is that we had what appears to be a very good QB coach in BJ and Whitt promoted him too fast and we end up losing him. Is it weird that I hope we bring BJ back when he’s ready to move back up to OC?

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I certainly appreciate the decorum on this site compared to another one out there. No reason to call Wilson names or ridicule him. He’s ours, we know what he can and can’t do. Most importantly, we can win.

Gotta grind out a win against Arizona.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This scene from a kids movie reminds me of Utah fans relationship with Wilson