This team has seemingly made the improvements it needed to make

Viewing 0 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Smith deserves a ton of credit for how the team has grown. My understanding is that Burgess deserves a ton of that credit as well.

After last season I said that this team would be tourney bound if they got more shooting, more depth, and the guys currently on the team took strong steps forward. Smith has made each of those things happen.

We added Cole Bajema, who is a streaky shooter, but takes a lot of pressure off of the other guys. Madsen and Carlson have also improved from three (a lot). Worster isn’t a great shooter, but he is shooting better from three than last year.

Keita has taken a huge leap forward in his production. He isn’t terrible with the ball in his hands, and he is a great rebounder, and intimidating rim protector.

We added Lovering and Smith. Both of these guys add much needed depth at the very least. Both of them have played big roles in at least one game this year. As Keita improves, Lovering will play less, but he is still needed as a valuable depth piece. Smith is the penetrating ball handler this team has been missing.

The only thing that worries me is what this team will look like next year. Hopefully, a good year will give coach smith the momentum he needs to put a good squad together next year.

If this team continues to play well all year, Coach Smith deserves a raise.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) This team has seemingly made the improvements it needed to make