Thoughts on the Washington at Oregon game?

Viewing 6 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

This game is not getting the attention it deserves. UW (1st in pass O in the nation) is a bad matchup for UO (117th in pass D in the nation). Plus the rivalry aspect. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the Ducks lose. It would be deflating for UO, and put to rest all the playoff talk. That’s a good sign for us.

Thoughts on this game, and the implications for us?

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I believe that if the Ducks lose to the Huskies, they might not win another game this year. They’ve got UW, Utah, and OSU back to back and all three of those teams are talented and can beat Oregon if the Ducks aren’t fully committed to the game. If the Ducks lose to UW, we’ll be able to hear the air going out of the balloon here in SLC. That’s not a good place to be, as we saw when Utah lost the CCG to Oregon in 2019. Oregon will go from being a possible CFP selection to fighting for their lives just to make it to the CCG. Remember we’re really talking about kids and young adults so a deflating loss like will stick around and weigh heavy on their minds.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

That would be amazing if the Ducks lost 3 in a row.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Whoa, I had no idea Oregon’s pass defense was so bad

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Washington actually has a pretty good rushing defense. I still Oregon wins because of that Oline and rush attack. 

Washington I think was over estimated with the Spartan win. Losing to ASU made me lose interest in them. Kind of an amazing stat of how long it has been since they have won in ole Scum Devil land. 

I hope it is a competitive game but overall most of the defenses outside of Oregon st leave me unimpressed. Which even Utah embarrassed Oregon st at home. 

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

UO should win this game by 2+ scores.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

If Oregon beats UW, Utah, and OSU, they certainly will deserve serious CFP consideration—and should be included if they win the conference championship. However, my guess is that they will stumble in two of those three games. Hopefully, one of those stumbles will be against the Utes.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

I’ll take 1/3 if that 1 loss to us.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

The only implications I could see for us, is if Washington is able to layout the blueprints to ebating Oregon.
      or injuries….

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

UGA showed us the blueprint. I mean even if play half as good as them, we’ll restrict UO to 6 points, right? Right??

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thoughts on the Washington at Oregon game?