Throwbacks + UU Rose logo concept

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

AZUteFan was the first person I heard with this idea. Just saw it on Twitter…looks cool. What does everyone think?

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I like it fine.  But, I still prefer the 2009 Sugar Bowl uniforms with the drum and feather.

Go Utes!!!

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Agreed. Here’s our version (in the link below) of that today. This would be my choice for the game.

I have a feeling the team is going to go all white throwbacks…if so, they look great IMO and I’d be fine with it. But this one in the link would be ideal…Go Utes!!

Red D&F Helmet, White Jersey, White Pants

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Either the TJ look or the all white throwbacks we wore against USC.

Integrating a rose would be cool.

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Glad the Twitter space is running with this idea and fingers crossed we see the rose on the helmets!  I have seen other teams to do this in the past….TCU, Purdue, Wazzu to name a few.  

4 6

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

If we put a rose on our helmets this year, then we’ll have to make a similar gesture for all the other bowls we play in the future.  That means one day when we play in the LA Bowl, we’ll have to somehow work Jimmy Kimmel’s face into our logo.  Are you sure you want to do that?

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

Simple solution is to play in the Rose Bowl every year. We can reuse the helmets and avoid Jimmy Kimmels face on our logo.

younglurch
        Ute Fan
        @younglurch

I’m pretty sure we can make an exception with our helmet design for the grandaddy of them all. It is easily the bowl with the most tradition and playing in our first ever deserves some recognition. Nobody agrees that we’ll have to do this for every single other bowl. Just appreciate the moment. 

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

Thanks for pointing that out.  I feel much better now.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Throwbacks + UU Rose logo concept