Ticket Sales

Viewing 3 reply threads

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

I just received an email from the Crimson Club about Holiday Bowl tickets.  They are already offering a $20 discount on Holiday Bowl tickets.  I’m hoping that isn’t a bad sign that preorders for the bowl game aren’t going well.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

No, they’re doing it because they’ve realized that you can get better tickets cheaper through a third party. Unfortunately the sales number they use to tell the bowl folks “see… told you we would travel well” is how many tickets are sold through the U ticket office. 

This is simply the U’s way of convincing us to buy through the U ticket office because it will help our reported sales numbers. 

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Way better deals online at stubhub and Ticketmaster.

Utah’s side of the stadium is selling very quickly

MineralUte
        Ute Fan
        @mineralute

@AZUTE Yes, the Utah side is selling quickly. I just looked at the ticketmaster seating chart and the Utah half is nearly sold, while the Northwestern half has many more available.

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

I hope so – lame that they would measure ticket sales that way when they can look in the stands and see how much red there will be. Especially when the seats they offer aren’t good seats at all.

I bought mine through stubhub. I needed 16 together and was able to get front row of the upper bowl on the 40 yard line for $60 each (technically, 8 front row, and 8 on second row just behind). Cheaper and much better seats than what they give to the U to resell.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Harlan was on Bill Reilly earlier today practically begging Utah fans to buy through the school. When 700 posted it on Twitter, every single response was basically “why would I do that when I can get better seats at a better price elsewhere?”

So this is just Harlan trying to sweeten the deal. Really the issue lies with the way tickets are for bowl games – all those cheap tickets reserved for the host community just end up unsold or going to travelling fans anyway. 

homer
          Ute Fan
          @homer

Schools are obligated to purchase a minimum number of tickets.  Bowl tickets provided to each school are poor seats; corners, end zones, low vantage, etc. Nice racket, making sure the crap seats get sold with premium seats remaining for bowls sell or give as promos available.

Regardless of price I want a decent view. That requires purchasing through a different source. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ticket Sales