TIL that there’s a European Football League & Norm Chow …

Viewing 3 reply threads

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

is the head coach of the Helvetic Guards (Switzerland). How about that?
      European Football League

Utephoria
      Ute Fan
      @utephoria

Looks like Norm is struggling a bit, 0-5 and no defense.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Yeah, it’s a rough go. But it looks like it’s their first season of existence. So he’ll have some time to grow.

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

Nor offense, they have 34 points scored through 5 games

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Utah went 5-7 the two years after Norm Chow left and Utah started its long string of OCs, half of which were a version of A-Rod. I wish he would have stayed for 3 years at minimum.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It’s always fun to “what if”. BUT, I think the worst thing to happen to Utah in the PAC-12 was Hawaii hiring Chow instead of Sitake. Had they hired Sitake, we get a better defense sooner with Pease (and longer) AND we keep Chow. 

Travis Wilson was always raw, but he was Chow’s guy. Throwing wise, he was a raw Phillip Rivers. Had he had Chow his whole career, a coach who can actually coach a kid how to be a QB, I think he could have been great. Wilson had everything except that top line throwing ability. 

I think if Chow stays, we beat Utah State, UCLA and maybe Arizona. We don’t finish 5-7 but with 7-8 wins. Then in 2013, instead of being 5-7 again, we have a better throwing Wilson, we transition to a more RPO offense with a better emphasis on throwing the ball and we beat Oregon State, Arizona State and WSU, if not USC as well. And if we had Chow, who knows if we get a better transfer RB/WR in that year as well. 

Then in 2014, Wilson is ready to go. He is firing on all cylinders. We don’t lose to USC…at least not the way we did with Wilson falling apart, we definitely don’t lose to UCLA and Arizona. 

We end that year with one loss max. 

Chow leaving was devistating in the short run to the program. Instead of a revolving door of OC’s we have stability and Chow and if/when Chow decides to leave, ARod had years to develop under Chow…and if not ARod, the we keep BJ longer. Can you imagine if BJ stays as QB coach another year or two, then is Co-OC with Chow, then OC? 

How different is his career? Maybe worse off, lol. 

But had Chow stayed, I think we would have made the playoffs by now and our offense would be light years better than it is now. 

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Yeah, we can what if all day, and i do like your post. But consider this: if Chow doesn’t leave, we don’t get Dennis Erickson. If Dennis Erickson doesn’t come, we don’t get the Florida pipeline. Without that no Moss and no Huntley, among many others. Without them, who knows who we would have. It’s possible Chow brings in good guys from California, but then again, maybe not.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Anyone know if these are ex college players or are some/most European players?

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

I took a glance at one of the teams’ roster and it was mostly Americans, I did see a Swedish player on the team. But I think most are American players who don’t want to stop playing.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports TIL that there’s a European Football League & Norm Chow …