To make matters more sh*tty…

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I left work early to catch the 2nd half at home. Got rear-ended on I15 in my new car I just bought a couple of months ago.

Traffic was stopped and I could see this dumb bitch behind me, all distracted.  She was looking down toward her passenger seat, then looked down her left like she dropped her phone or something.  I couldn’t move. All I could do was brace for impact. I tried honking my horn but that didn’t do anything.  BOOM she nailed me.  Sitting duck.  My lower back hurts.  

Going to need the rear bumper replaced and both front airbags worked on.  They didn’t deploy but are now shut off.

So by the time I get back in my car to go home I catch the last 30 seconds of the 2nd half on the radio.

Kick me while I’m down.  F*ck.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Dude…sorry to hear. Hopeful you are ok.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Don’t take any pain lightly. Go to the Dr. Don’t downplay anything. Get a lawyer if you need to. 

You are now playing a game that you don’t know any of the rules to. Get and use professional help so you’re not left with the bill in the end. 

So sorry to hear about this. It’s too bad. 

2 4

Kjooppp
        Ute Fan
        @kjooppp

Without knowing any details of the severity of the accident or anything, your first advice is to get a lawyer? Wow you must be a huge hit at parties.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

He went home shortly after, so he isn’t hurt badly enough to be in the hospital.

Now he needs to be sure that he doesn’t get f**ked by the insurance company, and that any long-term damage is covered.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Exactly. He is playing a game with insurance companies he will lose. Sadly, that is what you get with insurance companies. They will take every opportunity to screw you out of the coverage you have paid for. 

Sadly, lawyers know how to play this game. Sadly, because the insurance companies do everthing they can to screw you over, so they can appease their stockbrokers, you need someone on your side to protect you from the insurance companies. 

It sucks. But it is reality. 

Tony’s owes nothing to the company or the person that hit him. He owes everything to his family and needs to protect them first and foremost. It is just the way it is. 

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Tomorrow morning and maybe Saturday I think I’ll know if/what physical damage there is.  Neck is knotting up a bit at the moment so I’m not too thrilled.

PorterRockwell
                Ute Fan
                @porterrockwell

You may want to go and get checked. Ask your insurance company what they recommend. I suspect that if you do t have some sort of exam shortly after the accident it may make it difficult to have her insurance cover any potential medical claims

2 1

pedro
              Ute Fan
              @pedro

You watch too many commericials.  I’ve gone 30 years without a claim and had two in a year.  Both times the companies involved were more than fair, went out of their way to make sure I felt I was getting a fair deal and was happy with the proposed solutions, payouts, etc…   

Siegfried and Jenson can like my balls.  I have no friends in the insurance game, but IMHO, they get a bad rap by money hungry laywers who are looking to take advantage of you bad luck (which ironically is what they accuse the insurance companies of doing)!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) To make matters more sh*tty…