TRANFER PORTAL

Viewing 4 reply threads
      3 2

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

What do you all think about the new QB transfer get from Colorado Destin Wade? only a 3* QB out of high school, did not play a whole lot at CU, but it’s huge upgrade from Luke Bottari.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

did he transfer again to Utah or something?
      why are we talking about this

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

i don’t see any news about this guy.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

well this was a troll post from this dude again.

Caliman
        Ute Fan
        @elguapoute

not a troll post, bill talked about it on espn700.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

If we’re going to use a scholarship from the transfer portal on a quarterback, he needs to be more than just an upgrade from Luke Bottari, he needs to be somebody who could step in if Cam were to go down and help the Utes continue to win the big 12 and get to the playoff. Otherwise I’d rather we use that scholarship for skill positions, either offensive or defensive, and allow the new young quarterbacks the opportunity.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

You’re right, but unfortunately, I’m not sure the Utes can land that type of player to be the backup. Most of these guys will go G5 or maybe FCS for a chance to start.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Recruiting with open transfer and NIL will be interesting to watch. Utah has been very good with development but in the new world players that need development will be competing more directly with players ready to go today. As an example, paying for a player for 4 years to get a 2 year player may not be as common even if developing players don’t require much NIL. Development may occur more at the G5 level where playing time comes quicker and it is easy to move to the level you develop to even if it is multiple transfers. Going the other way, I think we will see even fewer players at a school for 4 years without cracking the 2 deep roster. It is already in motion.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football TRANFER PORTAL