Troy Williams

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

20/35 = 57% completion rate.

However 279 yards = 14 yards per completion. We were lucky to see 6 yards last year.

2 TDs and no INTs.

I’ll take it. The completion rate will improve.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Nice post. Went over to other sites and nothing but whining. I saw a lot of good this game. Here is something I didn’t think I’d say:

If we can find a RB who can run through the tackles, we can be really, really good.

Not a QB, not a WR…but a big, tough RB.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We have a lot of running backs. Maybe he’s on the roster!

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

Troy was really solid. I think his completion % will go up. You could tell he was excited. That first pass of the game, just as he was letting it go I said to my buddy “He will over throw this”. He did. He was “turnt up” as the kids say. I think as he settles down, get to know his receivers better and uses the TE more we could see him completing high 60’s to low 70’s.

O Line was a surprising disappointment and I actually felt like the D line was to. I am going to give the D line the benefit of the doubt on this one, but the O line needs to get more in synch. And, maybe Troy needs to get some passes out quicker.

I knew we were going to miss Booker, but oh man, how much are we going to miss Booker?! I hope we can see more from the run game in the coming weeks. 3rd and 2 and you can’t get a first down? That was concerning.

If we can get the run game going and the O line to block better (hand in hand situation here) I think we can be a great team this year and get to 10 wins. If the O line keeps playing like this and we continue to average 3 yards a carry, I am thinking 7-8 wins.

The unknown makes this season exciting. And I can’t express how great it is to see a QB that can throw like Troy can! Go Utes!

Anonymous
      Inactive

A few drops that are not on him he put the ball on the spot.  Also he had Dlineman and linebackers taking free runs at him.  Totally unblocked.  I am fine with his play as well.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If Joe Williams can’t fix the fumbles, he is damn close to playing himself to #3 on the depth chart. Whitt will not put up with that.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I do not want to see him play against BYU. Because you give that awful team hope turning the ball over.

Anonymous
      Inactive

How sweet was the ball placement on that last TD pass? We haven’t seen a pass that accurate in 4+ years. It was delightful.

Anonymous
        Inactive

This post is useless without a video of that beautiful TD.
        Williams to Patrick

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Troy Williams