U of A $240 M mistake

Viewing 3 reply threads

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

University of Arizona miscalculated their budget by a small amount. Crazy. This will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Might be cutting some sports.

Arizona $240 M miscalculation

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Miscalculation? Yeah. Sure.

Sounds like Arizona just being Arizona.

Lots of phrases in that article that make you just shake your head. Lack of transparency. Fraud on top of fraud. Seems like just another lack of oversight and the tax payer is left to pay for it I imagine.

3 3

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Wow they must also run the Pentagon

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

This is what happens when you try to run an university like a corporation. Glad I don’t live in Arizona and have to be on the hook for the bailout the university will most likely need.

This tidbit is interesting and might be a harbinger for other university athletic programs:

Robbins also indicated that individual sports could be eliminated and even floated the idea of severing athletics from the university—a seemingly unprecedented move—while maintaining some control.

“I have suggested that we move athletics out of the university and have it be run by a board but with the president still making decisions about who the athletic director is,” Robbins told faculty.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 U of A $240 M mistake