UFN

Viewing 4 reply threads
      7 2

Big Z
      Ute Fan
      @bigz

Looks like it’s making a comeback under new ownership.  LA and Rocker are reviving it, it’ll be interesting to see it’s evolution under those two.

Big Kahuna
      Ute Fan
      @bigkahuna

LA has financial wherewithall.   That should solve most of the past issues.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

I worked with LA Ute’s son a few years back. Met him in person a few times. He’s a good guy

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t know LA or Rocker so don’t know what to expect from them. ExecUtetioner has helped them get it running and he’s a good dude. He helped me get some UteHub email issues improved in the early days here.  

execUTEioner
        Ute Fan
        @executeioner

Poring over that codebase is like digital archeology. Almost 20 year old PHP code which is dependent on a lot of deprecated features was suddenly migrated to a server with a much newer version of PHP without any preparation. The broken functions are being slowly patched and shimmed. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Yeah that’s going to take a while to weed out all the deprecated functions and libraries. I BM’d you over there to change my username to one that identifies me as UteHub admin. Think it makes sense.

execUTEioner
            Ute Fan
            @executeioner

I just made an attempt to use the admin tool to change your board name ot UteHubAdmin, I hear it is buggy however. Please try and report. I can manually fix if needed.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Stand by….  Ok didn’t work.  Had to use old name, but my old icon appeared.  Yeah when you have extra time.  I’m guessing you probably have to manually edit it in the db… bla.  While you’re in there if you could replace my old byusucks.net icon with my ute hub admin icon that would be great.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

That’s cool. At the same time, I prefer having a one, “big” gathering site for all things Utah.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Stay tuned for the Ute Hub sucks posts over there… LOL.  

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Oh gawd.  I hope not. I’m still tired out from defending that place. Now I’ll have to take up the mantle over there….I guess I could just copy my posts from here over there and switch the names around. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.