USC is going to run the table, win the PAC12 title game and slide in to #4.

Viewing 4 reply threads

tarheelio
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelio

They have an easy path for the regular season. They then need a win against a solid Oregon team. At that point, how is the playoff committee going to snub an undefeated PAC12 champion? It would help them greatly if my Heels take down Notre Dame Friday – but it is much more likely that USC benefits from Clemson crushing ND. We then probably have Bama and Ohio State at 1 and 2. The BIG12 champ likey ends up with 2 losses. A one-loss Clemson that has been ranked high all year and has avenged their only loss, tops whoever that BIG12 team is. An undefeated PAC12 champ has to also beat out that BIG12 team. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We’ve seen USC play.  They’re nowhere near top 5 level. 

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I think Alabama, Ohio St and the ACC Champ are locks.  I wasn’t so sure a couple of weeks ago, but I think an undefeated Pac12 champ gets in over a one-loss P5 team.  Just a gut feel…

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Slovis isn’t good enough for them to beat Oregon.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

After their struggles with fUCLA, I’m not sure Oregon is the team to beat in the PAC 12. Might turn put to be UW and USC in CCG.

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

I honestly think that the committee would put in Cincy before the USC team that has looked undisciplined and incomplete. They won’t do this, they’ll happily put in Clemson + ND with 1 loss each. Conversely if ND beats Clempsin twice, the committee will put in 2 SEC teams: SEC Champ + 1 loss A&M or Bama.

Edit: The committee has already counted out the P12 by putting Oregon and USC outside the top15. They don’t respect the PAC this year (as if they did any year), and they’ve already made up their minds about that.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Making this truly an exhibition season.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football USC is going to run the table, win the PAC12 title game and slide in to #4.