Useless reminiscing:

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Carson Tabaracci commits to Utah. Makes it through spring ball only, then transfers to USC. He is now in the projected 2 deep at TE for USC next year. He played on special teams in 2023 is my understanding. Anyway, Utah loses its 2023 TE 2 deep with Kuithe, and Yassmin. I wonder what might have happened with him if he stuck around.

I like who Utah has coming in/back with an experienced Carson Ryan, Landen King, Brant Kuithe, and Sugataraga. Am I missing anyone?

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Sugatagra is not a good TE

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

In what way, specifically? As far as blocking or or catching or route running. In what areas do you mean? Or do you mean overall. I thought he was brought over to be in the mold of Logan Kendall. More so a blocker…not really a catch the football type of TE.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Tabarracci had a good spring by all accounts but according to the rumors out of camp was behind Barton and Medlock. Knowing what he knows now, maybe he doesn’t transfer and is already a starter at either LB or TE. I can’t speak to whether he moved due to chasing immediate playing time or if there was another issue but at the time, both rooms looked solid while SC was making wholesale changes which offered more opportunity.

Probably the thing I like the best about the transfer portal is that it allows a kid a mulligan if they just aren’t happy with their choice. For all we know, SC was the school he really wanted to be at but with Helton being fired early in the season and Riley not being hired until right before signing day, he took a chance on the local school and the fit just wasn’t right.

You mention Ryan but need to remember that he was someone Utah didn’t even bother to offer in that cycle. So it may simply be a case of both kids finally getting to the places they always wanted to be and they were never “destined” to end up in the same position room at the same school.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Useless reminiscing: