Utah Baseball 29-14 over BYWoo on Tuesday evening

Viewing 2 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Not sure I have seen this mentioned on the forum. Wild game. utahutes.com recap

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

43 runs in a game!!! That is ugly pitching.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Utah got their first 6 runs without a single hit.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

That’s unheard of. Seems like a weird game.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Sounds like a little league game.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

You get an outrageous score like this on these midweek games because you’re having to reach so deep into your bullpen…..They’re a crapshoot, because the best pitching’s reserved for the weekend.

We need to get a weekend series scheduled between the two teams in order to have real baseball games & to determine who’s best in any given year.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Sure seems to say who has the better depth, right?

1 1

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

The end of a bullpen really is unpredictable & IMO doesn’t vary too much between teams on average…..The weekend pitching is just that much better.

I believe this result speaks more to us having superior hitters than it does to having more depth in our bullpen.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Could be both. Our first six runs were scored without us getting a hit. 

D T
              Ute Fan
              @azute1

But we scored 29 total runs…..That’s 23 additional runs off our hitting vs the flukey first 6.

It’s not as if we trotted out great pitching ourselves, yet the zoobs didn’t hit in even half our run-total.

Neither team had great pitching in this game, but the difference proved to be we had better hitters.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar result in our final meeting.

We could get a weekend series scheduled if our ADs wanted to & that’s what I’m advocating for…..That would be best vs best.

NarfUte
                Ute Fan
                @narfute

They shut us out 0-7 in the last bullpen game. We just had better hitters on this day (Hits were 20-14 in this game, with 13 walks for Utah…)

Midweek baseball in NCAA is meaningless.

D T
                  Ute Fan
                  @azute1

I’m aware of that 7-0 game, but it’s more likely to have a shootout than a shutout in these types of games.

They are in fact meaningless….Terrible pitching on avg.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utah Baseball 29-14 over BYWoo on Tuesday evening

• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by D T.