Utah Inherits an NHL Team That Could Be a Playoff Caliber Team Next Season

Viewing 1 reply thread

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Great analysis from Shannon AKA “The Hockey Guy” on the new Utah NHL franchise. For those that don’t follow his YouTube channel, it’s easily one of the best out there not devoted to one specific team (though he’s a Vancouver and Bruins fan). I’ve been perusing for a couple of years and he really comes into his own during the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Utah Inherits an NHL Team That Could Be a Playoff Caliber Team Next Season

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

Great video. I was pretty excited for the hockey team, but this took it to the next level. Nice to get to know some of the names we will be seeing.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

You bet. A lot of people in the NHL know think that this situation is eerily reminiscent of the Quebec Nordiques move to Colorado in 1995. That team won the Stanley Cup during their first year in Colorado and has never looked back since then, becoming one of the most successful franchises in the NHL. Now, I’m not saying that the Utah franchise is going to go on the same path but they’ve got a good young core that’s about to take off. In addition, they’ve got a ton of cap space and have stockpiled a huge, huge number of draft picks in the the first three rounds though 2026. We might be the recipients of a team that, all of sudden, becomes a consistent winner and a threat to win it all. I feel bad for Coyotes’ fans but wouldn’t that be great for us?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports Utah Inherits an NHL Team That Could Be a Playoff Caliber Team Next Season