Utah is up to 8th in sagarin and 9th in F+

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Imagine where they would be without the slow start….This is legitimately a top 10 team right now

I am as high on the 19 team as you will find, and theres an argument to be made that team underperformed while this team overperformed, but either way you slice it, this team is probably as good as the 19 team. With the OL being the equalizer. If 19 had this OL they are a playoff team and maybe make the final.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

conversely, if this team has the DL and secondary from 19 we might be 13-0 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Agreed. This has been a great season for Utah football, minus the tragedies. I also love the 19 team and always thought of it as Utahs best from top to bottom. It’s hard for me to say if this team is deeper talent wise but this team is my all time favorite.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I’ve been blessed with several confrontations with Jerry Sloan. If you don’t know who he is, it’s ok.

He was a cool neighbor, even though we had several confrontations. Why am I telling this story? One thing he told me that stuck out after all the bulls**t we went through;

“Move forwards, not backwards”. Or something like that. I never backed down from him, but he was a very cool individual with a very hot head. He always preached about not dwelling in the past. 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Depending on who comes back, we should be a top 10 team next year. Our defense is going to be NASTY, even without Lloyd and Tafua. My biggest concern is if we lose Kuithe, Kincaid, Covey and Thomas that’s like 90% of our offensive production.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I feel like Rising is lot more than 10%. Oline losing Bama is the biggest hole. 

Running backs?  Utah has found a way so consistently to be good here I don’t worry as much. 

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

OK, 90% might be a bit of an exaggeration but still. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Onlyu has been sort of hinting at it but because Rising is staying I think Whitt is getting into homes right now that we probably don’t otherwise.
            Obviously smacking Oregon around and winning the P12 helps to. Utah’s schedule also looks even more favorable with Cristobal gone.
            Rising his second year could really grow into a bigger role. He is so close. He needs a stud Wideout like a Carrington or something to really go next level.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

you got to keep in mind we are using the TE’s so much due to the mismatch they create.  I see Whit and Lud finding a way.  

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah is up to 8th in sagarin and 9th in F+