Utah lacrosse falls to Notre Dame 20-7 in the first round of the NCAA Tourney

Viewing 2 reply threads

ColumbiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @columbiaute

It was kind of expected. ND was one of the best teams in the regular season and a heavy favorite to win it all. Big accomplishment to reach the tourney but we still have a ways to go to compete. Excited to see this program on the rise. Go Utes!

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Correct you are ColumbiaUte.  As disappointed as I am in the loss, I didn’t really expect us to make it past the 1st-Rd this year to begin with.  Notre Dame is somewhat of a juggernaut in a conference full of juggernauts.  Still, as you’d so accurately stated, it truly was an historic accomplishment for us to finish ranked, and make it all the way to the national tournament in just 5-yrs of D1 play.  This program absolutely is “on the rise”.  In fact, my prediction for our lacrosse program is, within the next 5-10 yrs, we’ll be playing at the level of the University of Denver (a mainstay in the Top-25) — and to a point where we’ll likely be flirting with an invitation to join the Big East.

We should all be excited for the future of Utah Lacrosse!

GO UTES!!!

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

so fun to watch us compete on this stage!  I loved the second quarter bounce back.  They clearly just have the next level elite thing going on where they get that extra step.  That shot at has a little more on it, etc.  

once again, we’re way to slow to start sliding.  Not a bad strategy for the ASUN.  But against Notre dame where we now they’ll smoke us one v one, we needed a better team approach to defense.  I hope we’re more aggressive next season!

It’s a lot easier to say it this week than last week, haha, but I think we need to keep reforming the face off.  Make it more like hockey.  I just think face offs are too minor a facet of the game to have such and out-weighed impact.  The game starts on an 8-0 run because of the 2 out of 20 guys at the faceoff x.  we could’ve hung double digits on them with some faceoff equity.   then we have a shot if they’re having a bad day. (They weren’t today)

fun season!  Let’s excited to see us keep growing!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utah lacrosse falls to Notre Dame 20-7 in the first round of the NCAA Tourney