Utah’s Top Rivals?

Viewing 2 reply threads
      3 1

Joe Cobbs
      Ute Fan
      @sportprof101

Happy New Year everyone! I’m a student at NKU and I wanted to learn more about Utah’s Rivals and I thought no better way than jumping into this message board. With the help of message board members beginning in 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—began answering this question and others related to rivalry in the NCAA FBS. No one knows the rivalries of the Utes better than this message board community. Please help us update and expand our results to ensure that the Utah Utes are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our newest survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?grpID=1051&mbsrc=mb

Our previous results have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website BUT we’d prefer you didn’t until you completed the survey via the link above… we don’t want to influence your opinions provided in the survey.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities’ Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You’ll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. There are plenty of other teams you can look into as well on the site if you had other favorite teams. I’d love to know more in this thread about why certain teams are rivals to you! Thank you for helping us to include the Utes by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Zachary Beal, Northern Kentucky University
      Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
      Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I had a bagel this morning.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

That was interesting. Asks how many rivals you have, and what percentage of the rivalry they command.

BYU 100%

GibUtes
        Ute Fan
        @gibutes

1-8 were all Pac12 schools. Gotta give it to conference… (98 points)
        9 Alabama. Screw ‘bama, we beat them in ‘08 (1 pt)
        10 BYU Their team sucks, their fans really suck. The whole program can get bent (1 pt)

3 1

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

That is some grade A, Mountain West thinking right there.  

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Meh. We have no rivals that compare to how most of the fanbase feels about BYU. Go ahead and bigtime them, but historically they are it.

Hellhound152
            Ute Fan
            @hellhound152

Heavy emphasis on “historically”.  In 2010 Utah fans were saying “Ducks and the Trojans will be their replacements”  We are here man.  Embrace it, yeah their fan base is full of jackwagons and a lot of you guys live with them as neighbors but they don’t even believe their bs anymore.

Utesbyfive
              Ute Fan
              @utesbyfive

We have no rivals in the Pac who elicit remotely as much emotion as BYU. Only in football are we “better” than they are currently. Certainly nobody in the Pac considers us their main rival. Until that happens… It’s all just wishful thinking on our part.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah’s Top Rivals?