Ute Hub Email Server Help STILL Needed

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m looking for a DevOps type engineer who knows email configuration, blacklisting, IP addresses, DMARC, SPF, MX records, and such. I have an issue with emails from Ute Hub being blocked by email providers like MSN, hotmail and such. This makes it so users who register with those accounts never get their email confirmations.

If this is up your alley or you know someone who might fit the bill, I’d love to talk to you.

Please do not offer your help if you can’t follow through with your offer.  😐

Tony/Admin

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Do you know that UteHub is blocked or are emails containing only a confirmation link being sent to spam folder or a bit bucket?   Maybe you could try including a short paragraph with the confirmation link so the AI spam detection schemes think its a legit email that a human sent to another human?   Also include an option to send a confirmation email that has the URL broken up so it doesn’t have clickable link (some assembly required)?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

UteHub is blocked on one provider, I think MSN and reltate networks like hotmail. That said it is not on any blacklists that I’ve found with MX Tools etc. Other emails fail to arrive at other user’s mailboxes, yet I do not receive a bounce back or notification that the email didn’t make it.  Odd thing is sometimes the emails make it through to say, gmail accounts, but sometimes not. Could be just misconfigured, but that’s not my area of expertise. 

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

If you switched over to use an email service like sendgrid.com, then I think your problems might be solved.  I know it’s not free, but it should solve your problem.  If you send under 100k emails a month, it’s just $30/month.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’ll keep that in mind.  I’m hoping that my setup can be tweaked/properly configured to solve the problem rather than going to a paid 3rd party solution. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Ute Hub Email Server Help STILL Needed