Ute Hub iOS App – Response Rejected

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The Apple App Store has rejected my response to the original rejection to the Ute Hub app submission which can be found here: https://www.utehub.com/?th=34483 . #sadface

It almost reads as if it is an automated response.

Thank you for your response and for the information you have provided. 

We understand that there are no hard and fast rules to define useful or entertaining, but Apple and Apple customers expect apps to provide a really great user experience. Apps should provide valuable utility or entertainment, draw people in by offering compelling capabilities or content, or enable people to do something they couldn’t do before or in a way they couldn’t do it before.

We hope you will consider making the necessary changes to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines and resubmit your revised binary.

There’s a higher appeal process I can go through to submit to the app review team.  I will probably try that and would have to convince them that the app isn’t just an aggregation of content the users can get already in a web browser on their phone. Perhaps a few of you can comment in here why an app-only version of Ute Hub is better for you than using a browser in your mobile device and I could use that as some backup to the appeal.

Otherwise I have to build in some kind of “exclusive” functionality to the app which is not available on the site, and/or implement iOS features to make it more “app-like.”  Perhaps things like schedules and results can be app-only or who knows.  Any input is welcomed at this point.  The problem with any of that is that it will take away from the development time I need to work on user login and posting/replying, which will be the biggest and most technically challenging features to add. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Suggested iOS interactive feature: Show random pic of Utah Starting player, swipe right if you like the player, swipe left if you prefer the backup, swipe up if you prefer the freshman on the bench, swipe down if you prefer the recruit still in high school.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Forget players.  Do that with cheerleaders.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

I like it it. Swipe to throw beer on a byu fan?

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

or add facial hair to TDS cheerleader?

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

F%@*

zeous
      Ute Fan
      @zeous

Something with location data?  Perhaps pin your location as you pee on (literally or metaphorically) anything apple?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Pin locations where you’ve poured beer on zoobs?

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Location of nearest stairwell to push elderly TDS fan in wheelchair, also doody sightings.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m putting in schedules, results and rosters into only the mobile version… So irritated. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Maybe I can make a mobile-only Ute live chat.  I dunno. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Version 0.0.3 has been submitted on 7/22/17 and features new login, posting, replying, rosters, schedules, like voting.  

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Ute Hub iOS App – Response Rejected