Ute Zone

Viewing 2 reply threads
      4 4

Cam
      @alpineute

If anyone has access to Ute Zone latest article on what prospects are likely to commit would you mind posting the highlights of that article here?

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Two thoughts, 1) I expect this class to be lower in star power than last year, but things could break later which may change this expectation.  2)  In spite of that, the coaching staff has always used their own metrics on quality of a player and it seems to have worked.  They know who they want and are generally successful at getting them, regardless of what arbitrary star level they are at.

Parach-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @parach-ute

I wouldn’t be so sure about the lower star ranking. The following are guys higher rated than Utah’s average star rating for last year’s class (0.8612 247) who, I believe, have a shot at signing with the Utes:

Xavier Carlton – 0.9004 247 – Good chance IMO

Ramon Henderson – 0.8706 247 – Low chance IMO, just took an OV last weekend

Solatoa Moea’i – 0.8778  247 – Good chance IMO

Nate Ritchie – 0.8714 247 – Used to think good chance but not it’s a little cloudy. If anyone knows anything on Nate, I would be interested to know where he’s leaning.

I’ve also heard that Van Fillinger (0.9037 247 currently committed to Texas) may be starting to consider the Utes. Not sure if I heard that on here or not but I have no inside info on Van.

There are also quite a few guys interested in the Utes whose 247 score is hovering just below last year’s average who may sign such as: Sione Fotu (0.8519 247), Tate Rodemaker (0.8573 247), and Alex Harrison (0.8593) and who may get bumps in star rating before it is all said and done (assuming evaluations for 247 haven’t been completed yet).

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Unacceptable. 

16 5

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Not a great look to be asking for paid content for free. UteZone is an awesome resource, and I suggest that if you want the content, you should pay for it. I subscribed over there just before fall camp of last season and it’s worth every penny.

6 5

Cam
        @alpineute

This is the only article I’ve legitimately been interested in from them, so I wasn’t going to pay for 1 article. Not a big deal in my opinion 

8 2

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

God forbid a Utes message board talks recruiting. Can’t do that here. Gotta pay for it. :/ I understand the expectation not to repost their content, to a degree, but if somebody asks for a summary, I don’t think they need to be scolded for it. There is still the fair use doctrine that can be considered.  If you subscribe, and don’t feel like answering, just don’t.

1 1

BulgieUte
        Ute Fan
        @bulgieute

I have no qualms enjoying free content from yet another entity capitalising off amatuer athletes. If I had a way to sneak into the game itself I would have no shame.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.