Utes Lax Headed to the ASUN Championship

Viewing 1 reply thread

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Utah will play the winner of Air Force vs Robert Morris.

ColumbiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @columbiaute

Way closer than it should have been. Utah is clearly the best team in the ASUN conference but they made a lot of mental errors today. Need to get those cleaned up for the championship game. 

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Got beat 1on1 a lot….

why are we always so slow to slide?  You’d think we would’ve gotten more aggressive there as the game progressed…

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

On another note.. my favorite play.
          The takeaway by number 25 which led to the goal to put us up 2. Beautiful, tough… multo-benne

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

We actually crushed it at the F/O, but we simply committed WAY too many unforced turnovers.  If Utah and Air Force both play on Sunday the same way we’d played today, Air Force wins.  

Everybody plays a “bad game” from time to time, so I hope today’s game was that game.  AFA is capable of beating any team in the conference.  And they’d already beaten Denver the week after Denver thumped us 12-4.

If our “bad game” was due to not respecting our opponent, that can easily be fixed because there’s no way we don’t hold AFA (and JU) in the highest of esteem.

FWIW, last year we’d trounced both Bellarmine and Robert Morris in the regular season, only to need OT to top BU in the semifinals, and LOSING to RMU — in OT — in the championship game (thereby forfeiting our shot at going to nationals).

Crossing my fingers…

GO UTES!!!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utes Lax Headed to the ASUN Championship