Vegas will have a great new stadium, but will never have a NY6 Bowl

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Las Vegas already has enough visitors between Christmas and New Years.  They do not need anymore.  I hear they have refuse to move the bowl game to a late December date.

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

Only possibly would be to hold 2 bowl games, but as you said, LV wants rooms filled in an otherwise dead week, hence the current dates for the bowl game.

When you go the the Vegas Bowl, notice many shows are dark.  

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Let the Las Vegas bowl keep its name and brand. Start a new game that is a matchup between PAC and SEC. Screw the LV Bowl people. 

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

I’m having a hard time believing this. The current Vegas Bowl isn’t a big draw…it brings in maybe 15,000 – 20,000 fans from outside the state. Unless it’s Utah – BYU, there are a bunch of empty seats.

For a city that pulls in 40 million + visitors every year, the Vegas Bowl is a blip on the radar. I’m sure Las Vegas would be open to hosting a higher profile bowl game even if it came during a busier time. The more, the merrier…especially in Vegas. They could easily accommodate a big game that drew 40,000 – 60,000 fans.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I heard that they were asked to change the bowl to a better date between Christmas and New Years. They declined. Maybe after the new stadium is built things will change. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Vegas will have a great new stadium, but will never have a NY6 Bowl