Watching 49ers and Rams…

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

…and can’t help but think of Joe Williams. I know he’s been sent down to IR. That said, I wonder whether he’s burnt some of the goodwill afforded him before the draft. As well chronicled, given his track record, 49ers really did a lot of homework on him. He admittedly arrived at the training camp out of shape. Did not play well in the pre-season.

Just curious.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I wish him well but that dumpster fire of franchise can keep on burning. I was really bummed when he got drafted by them because of all the problems that exist there. 

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

I understand what you’re saying. Still, for a player with questionable past/behavior, I know I wouldn’t have shown up out of shape. 

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Yes, it would be nice to see him out there. I’ve always wondered the ‘stage’ become a little too much for him and he withdrawals from it?

wcrunner
      Ute Fan
      @wcrunner

He also had some fumble issues in camp and a pre season game which John Lynch is bothered by naturally.  It’s something he still needs to work on.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I’m a 49ers fan so I’ve been following whats going on with Joe. What I have gathered is that Joe Williams:

-Came into camp out of shape
      -Ran very poorly early on. Finally started running well in the last few days
      -Still has chronic fumbling problems
      -Struggling with non rushing RB duties like pass protection

This was a Shanahan pet pick, so to say he has burned up good will is probably an understatement

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Watching 49ers and Rams…