Way to win Utah

Viewing 5 reply threads

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

It wasn’t always pretty, but it’s a 20 win season.

2 4

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

I’m glad they saved face on their home turf but make no mistake, this is a subpar season.  We’ll need some fresh blood next year.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865674702/Doug-Robinson-20-wins-2-no-longer-a-college-hoops-benchmark.html

Hope Collette can “walk it off” in time for the postseason.  Hate to see a guy taken down so futilely like that.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Subpar season?!? No way. Didn’t we have 10 new players? Weren’t we picked to finish 8th? The only teams better than us were three top 10 teams, right? 

This was a great season. 

Daedalus
          Ute Fan
          @daedalus

I’ll amend my statement.  Subpar for the program, great for the personnel we had to work with.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I agree with this. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah all in how you look at it.  I’m actually disappointed in this season, but had I known we would be 4th behind 3 top 10 teams I at this point I wouldn’t have been too unhappy.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

The media had us picked to finish eighth as did the coaches poll.  We finished fourth.  Given preseason predictions I would not say the season was sub par 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

20-10 is a lot nicer than 19-11

Guba
      Ute Fan
      @guba

I’ve been saying the whole season they would get 20 wins and I’m happy to be right!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Losses to Oregon St, Stanford and Cal should not have been. Could also argue that for the UCLA loss. Would have placed us in a solid 4th position.

This team was a rebuild and they struggled with chemistry for much of the season. No real leader. No standout 3 point shooter. No real rim protector. But here they are, 4th seed and likely NCAA Tournament bid.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Likely NCAA tourney bid? Not unless we win the P12 tournament.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.