What are your expectations now?

Viewing 10 reply threads

YodaUte
      Ute Fan
      @yodaute

The win over Oregon was fan-doodly-tastic, but I’m not ready to declare the Utes a playoff team. It was almost like we spent the entire off season and the first four games preparing for the ducks. We convinced the world we were a Booker-only offense and then when Oregon (with a terrible secondary) stacked the box we opened up the playbook and torched them. I don’t think we’ll catch anyone else by surprise like that.

I see up to four losses in Utah’s future.

Cal, UCLA and USC will not be easy. At least one loss, maybe two.

Arizona. The coaching staff there has identified a flaw in our run defense and they know how to exploit it. I can’t feel confident in a victory there.

We should be favored against Oregon State, Washington, Arizona Stat and Colorado—which means there’s at least one unexpected loss coming from that group.

So I’m tempering my expectations by looking to go 8-4 or maybe 9-3.

Am I being too pessimistic? What are your expectations?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think the Utes will win a game they weren’t expected to win, maybe a UCLA or USC based on matchups. I think we will also lose a game we are expected to win. Happens every year.

After watching the Cal/Waz game I wasn’t that impressed with either of those teams, barring perhaps Cal’s air game. But I don’t think they’ve faced a defense like ours.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

USC and ASU are the tough ones…I think. Arizona is worse then we think (where as ASU is better). I think Rosen will have it tough playing at Utah (evening game).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

ASU gives us fits. I’m beginning to hate them more than byu.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I hate Graham more then anyone. He coaches Pitt for one year and then leaves for ASU. Who does that to a program?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

10-2

I’m optimisitc.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

I had us 8-4 at the beginning of the season with an expected Oregon loss. I guess I’ve upgraded to 9-3 now. Still see us losing to SoCal schools and One of the AZ schools probably AZ.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

I hope I’m wrong and this team has something figured out on O. I think Kalani’s tendency to blitz and overpersue the QB led to lots of our run defense struggles. I think Pease has dialed back QB pressure with the hopeful trade-off if better contain and run D. If that’s true we might be able to beat both AZ schools and steal a game against UCLA at home. I’d put our ceiling at 11-1.

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

Whitt’s, so far, got them focused on one game at a time. All of our competition in the Top 25 have looked extremely vulnerable at times. To date, this year is looking like one where all the stars could align for us. However, I just want us to get through all of the Game Day hoopla and take care of Cal for now. It’s gonna be a wild ride this year and so much fun to see how it all plays out. Go Utes!!

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

High bar – win the PAC12 south.

Low bar – beat ASU and Washington. Would mean in the same season we be all three teams we had yet to beat in the PAC 12.

Coolaid bar – why not? Let’s win out.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Going with Coolaid bar then…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Consistent offensive production will win the PAC.

Edit: Oh that is my expectation.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What are your expectations now?