whelp, here we go again

Viewing 4 reply threads

thirtyfour-thirtyone
      Ute Fan
      @thirtyfour-thirtyone

I’m hesitant to give these jokers the clicks, but they were spot on about CO, so here is this:

AZ to Big-14

5 3

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Yes. The PAC 12 has been dead since the LA schools left. At least dead as a power conference. It sucks but it’s been obvious for a year.

I just hope we haven’t missed the lifeboat.

8 3

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I’m concerned about this, too. It seems many Ute fans are failing to grasp how precarious of a position we’re currently in.

I believe Utah could join the Big12 if they were the next ones to bolt. They need to jump Arizona by applying NOW.

If Arizona joins before us, and UO and UW panic and decide to bolt as well, Utah could get left behind in a very watered down Pac with a low-value TV deal and poor exposure.

The stakes are extremely high right now. One wrong move and we’re in trouble. CU saw this and grabbed a lifeboat as quickly as they could. 

3 2

radioUte
          Ute Fan
          @radioute

Those were moves that we could have made months ago.  There aren’t really any moves (right or wrong) for us to make at this point, I’m afraid.

7 2

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

Well, the move is to ask Big12 for admission. Whether or not we are admitted is a different story. But that’s step 1, and if it hasn’t happened yet it makes me seriously question the judgment of UofU leadership.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Greg Swain? That guy is a major d bag and has thrown spaghetti on the wall. Not saying az is staying but Swain is not a good source

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Swaim is a clown and doesn’t know anything. But there is enough out there to suggest AZ is on the move.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

Swain is the King Joffrey of tweeters.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

There is so much I hate about all this. Swaim may have been right on Colorado, but he’s been wrong a lot of times before as well, and I see him as an active part in the B12 disinformation scheme.

That said, I agree that Utah needs to look out for Utah first. While I still think it’s in Utah’s best interest (and the best interest of the rest of the P12) to make a deal work with the P12, if that’s not happening AND it other P12 schools are bailing too, you don’t want to be left out in the cold so to speak either.

I hope Utah leadership is well connected enough that they know what is actually happening around them so that we can make choices accordingly.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

He wasn’t right about Colorado. It was just one of his countless predictions. His formula is to throw every scenario against the wall, and then pound his chest and pretend like he’s an insider when one of them hits.

He is a clown and a charlatan. Truly one of the worst voices in realignment.

1 3

Ted Lasso
        Ute Fan
        @tedlasso

Do you guys really believe the B12 disinformation scheme crap? It was Canzano (P12 homer who is as clueless as Swaim) who suggested this “disinformation scheme” conspiracy. But it turns out, a lot of the reports that the P12 was not on solid footing were accurate. A lot of P12 homers like to blame the B12 for their demise, when it was really poor management decisions over the last 10 or so years beginning with the Larry Scott days that led to this. 

I think the P12 can still be salvaged but Kliavkoff et al. need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Roy Rangum
          Ute Fan
          @royrangum

The B12 is doing what has been done countless times in other situations before them. If you want to take control of something, you convince existing owners it’s unstable / losing value and that they need to sell out first before what they have becomes worthless. Once a few start to sell, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, panic sets in, and the instigator of the disinformation wins. It’s been used in land (when racially motivated it’s called block busting) and in stock markets many times over. And I get why the B12 is doing it, it’s effective. But I personally believe it’s fundamentally dishonest and that there’s enough evidence to know it’s coming from the top down from B12 leadership. So yeah, I think there is a disinformation scheme, and I’m p**sed about it.

2 2

Ted Lasso
            Ute Fan
            @tedlasso

There’s not really any evidence out there that the Big 12 is doing that, besides Clownzano and Tony Altimore saying there was. Both are not very reputable sources. 

You should be p**sed that the PAC 12 didn’t poach B12 schools when they had a chance and that they didn’t get a TV deal done before the B12. The PAC also hasn’t produced any playoff teams in years and the majority of the PAC teams can’t even fill their stadiums. This is 100% the PAC’s fault. They were in a position of power just 2 years ago and they have been outmaneuvered at every turn.

Roy Rangum
              Ute Fan
              @royrangum

I am indeed p**sed about the PAC’s missteps, and I agree that if the PAC-12 dies, it’s primarily the fault of Larry Scott (and the university presidents who let Larry Scott ruin the conference). I am also p**sed that reportedly it was USC that blocked us from poaching B12 schools when their conference was on life support, who then in turn left us behind. They share almost as much blame as Larry Scott in my eyes.

If the pac12 dies, the B12 is a distant 3rd as to why it happened. But I still don’t like them when all is said and done.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

No evidence except they found out who the company is that’s doing it and after it was found out, the attacks died way down.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Yeah nobody thinks the B12 is the reason the P12 is failing. To suggest the B12 is not actively pushing a narrative against the P12 is naive at best. Take a look at Dodd, who had to be called out by an AD. You can call Canzano a clown all you want and some of that criticism is warranted, but he hasn’t been actively making s**t up about B12 schools, unlike B12 media.

1 1

Ted Lasso
            Ute Fan
            @tedlasso

To me what was far worse was Altimore and Canzano saying this whole time that nobody in the PAC 12 was leaving and that they were on solid ground. Now it’s fairly obvious that there is and has been trouble in the Pac 12 for a while. Most of those reports were fairly accurate. P12 media tried to create a narrative that nothing was wrong when clearly there were significant issues.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Yeah I believe AZ is gone. Not because this guy said it. The writings been on the wall for a while. He’s said all sorts of stuff that never happened. He was right once.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
        Ute Fan
        @thirtyfour-thirtyone

Yeah, I read more of his twitter feed, and he is obviously just making stuff up pretty much all of the time.  Sorry for posting that.

This seems to be a legitimate news source, and is indicating that Arizona will be participating in a PAC-9 meeting in the morning where Kliavkoff will present some actual numbers:

klivkoff to present tv deal

Hopefully it’s legit, and hopefully the numbers are not terrible.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

No need to apologize. This is a discussion board after all.

This is interesting stuff here. We’ll see how it shakes out. I don’t have any faith that the meeting will anything of substance.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 whelp, here we go again