Where does Fox come up with this stuff..?

Viewing 4 reply threads

SorryWife
      Ute Fan
      @sorrywife

According to Fox. Utah is the nations 9th “most valuable” program. They posted this with no additional info/sources.
      cfbonfox Instagram

SorryWife
      Ute Fan
      @sorrywife

*edit: saw at the bottom of the picture it’s “according to gobankingrates”. whoever that is. 

ayoriver
        Ute Fan
        @ayoriver

Are you saying sorry to your wife or are you a sorry wife?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Although I like the pub, I don’t think the U is more valuable than UO or USC

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

But what burden does USC or Oregon have from past coaches contracts still being paid out? They may have much better revenue, but if they’ve been careless with their costs to run their program, overpaid or fired coaches, overspent on facilities compared to the number of wins and revenue they get, this will hurt their current valuation. 

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I assume it’s a basic discounted cash flow model. Utah is frugal, gets decent revenue and doesn’t spend more than it has. Take the present value of future positive cash flows at a market discount rate…there you go…maybe….

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

All of those numbers look way under what I’d expect.  If you “sold” Alabama, you’d get $101M? Seems a little low.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Right? Like we could put together an investment group, buy Alabama for $101mm, lean it up, and sell it for $202mm, right? Hypothetically, if these weren’t state owned entities.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I just noticed that it’s estimated “annual” value.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Where does Fox come up with this stuff..?