Whitt Interview

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

QB’s all looked good. No separation.

Joe Williams is the #1 RB.

B-B being suspended is an opportunity.

Great first day, like every other team in the country.

Is the QB competition friendly? “I don’t know about friendly. They don’t hate each other, but they all want the job.”

Troy Williams is 100%.

The C position has Nowakowski with the ones for now.

Did anyone get significantly better? “Everybody. 8-12 of the newcomers looked really impressive.”

OL has really good depth. Our depth in the whole roster is dramatically improved.

Troy Williams is mature. Great leader. Confident. Poise.

Huntley – Big play potential. Can run.

Cox – knows the offense. Steady.

If we can maintain the opening day enthusiasm all fall, we will be really good.

Joe Williams is much better. We expect him to flourish this year. He is a whole different player than last year. Much stronger.

Whitt wants to fight in the 60+ division of UFC. Utah’s toughest player in a cage fight would be: Lowell Lotulelei and Pita T. OC said every player and coach mentions those two people.

Anonymous
      Inactive

With those two comments about Williams and Cox I have no clue who will be the qb. BUT I am happy with either of them.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s more coachspeak than it is reality.  Whit has a habit of not showing his hand until the last minute.

Anonymous
          Inactive

When I say I will be happy with either of them I guess I have a caveat. One needs to be getting first team reps by the USC game. (The real season opener)

Edit: Actually I want to know Qb position is solidified before then. Cox or Williams needs to get that position done for game week prep against SUU.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lotulelei is going to be a top five pick and  I couldn’t be happier.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

There is a lot of coach speak. Troy Williams will be the starter. He is just better than everyone else.

Huntley has all the tools…he’s just young and inexperienced. If Huntley was a RS Sophomore and he was competing vs Williams and Cox…then there would be a competition.

But, honestly, there is no competition. It is Troy Williams’ job. He will be the starter and he will have three games to get ready for USC. Exciting stuff.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
          Ute Fan
          @mcastleton928

I agree that Troy will be the starter. They wouldn’t have recruited him and he wouldn’t have committed to Utah if he was not at least promised the starting position w/Travis Wilson graduating. If they felt comfortable enough with Cox to move forward with him as the starter, they wouldn’t have recruited Troy. Instead, they likely would have gone after another freshman QB in recruiting instead of a JC transfer in Williams. This is a guy who already has Pac-12 experience in his freshman season @ Washington (he was a four-star recruit coming out of high school according to both Rivals and Scout in 2013), plus he had a gigantic season last year @ Santa Monica College (2750 yards, 31 TD’s, 67.9% completion percentage, and led Santa Monica to an 11-0 record). He will be the starter, Cox will be the back up, and Huntley will red-shirt. I think this is the best situation that the Utes could hope for.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt Interview