Whitt Monday presser

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

A few impressions I got is he looks a little worn out for week five. His comments about targeting are interesting take. He was careful to say how it changes conference to conference. To me it is team to team and series to series how it is called. The one specifically on Huntley’s slide was by rule targeting. Those refs were not going to call s**t though we know that. 

The comments he had about Leach how he just plugs in players and has four or five wideouts they like. Whitt seemed a little green on his comments like HOW THE F**K DOES LEACH DO IT!! The comment specifically about the qb Leach found and how he commented on how important the qb position is. 

https://www.facebook.com/418818841478210/posts/2394825840544157/

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Leach’s system on offense is very similar to Whit’s system on defense in that they are both consistently good and essentially plug and play. It does not matter who graduates, the next person just fills the role and the unit continues to excel. And, both coaches do it at non-blue-blood programs (can you imagine if they had the recruits that just fall into the laps of USC and UCLA?!).

It is for this reason that I was dreaming last week of the possibility of having Leach’s offense paired with our defense. It could be a lot of fun. I imagine that is somewhat what Whit had in mind when he hired Taylor. Although offense has been inept this year, I am still in the “support Taylor” camp. Not saying it will ever become what Leach has accomplished from a system perspective, but I am optimistic that it can become akin to it.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

How many more days will that take to be accomplished, Stone? We have a game this Saturday. 🙂

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Ha! This Saturday sounds like a perfect time for it to kick in. If only I knew. It is obviously taking too long for many people. I am willing to give it more time; how much more time depends on how things progress (or regress) this season.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt Monday presser