Whitt: The coaches feel like Huntley gives us the best chance to win.

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

No QB controversy. 

I disagree with that a lot. You factor in bad reads and poor throws it is almost equal with the drops. 

jrj84105
      Ute Fan
      @jrj84105

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That is a wide margin of difference. I guess I think of Bama switching in the midst of a huge game. I am not saying Utah is Bama but these kids are athletes some times they can rise to the occasion. Huntley floundered as the Washington game progressed. That was such a huge must win game against a team Utah matches up with. HOME games to are must wins. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Could be political. (meaning he is saying that right now to keep up appearances). Or it could be the other QBs are worse. Or Huntley is a really good practice QB but not a good game time QB.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

Or, it could mean that Whitt really doesn’t know or have the capability to coach offense.  He’s had nine (9) offensive coordinators – that is just staggering.  Only one of those left for a “better” opportunity (that’s being generous).

Huntley was the Florida Gatorade player of the year.  Travis Wilson was an Elite 11, yet we continually get a sub-par play out of that position.  I like Whitt, I really do, but I just don’t think he can figure this one out.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Yes, the problem with hoping for a backup player is that we have not seen enough of that player to know whether the player is an improvement over the starter.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

^^and we would assume since the coaches are professionals in their field, even making millions of dollars, that they can evaluate who the best QB on the team is.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt: The coaches feel like Huntley gives us the best chance to win.