Whitt’s presser

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We took care of business Saturday.  It was a good outing.

Similar to last year’s CCG because we are playing a team we beat before.

Williams is an excellent QB.  Best QBR in the conference.  He is very difficult to sack and keeps plays alive.  He is an incredible talent.  Odds on favorite to win the Heisman.

USC’s turnover margin is excellent.

Winning 9 games isn’t where we wanted to be but it speaks volumes to where we are at.

JJ is a big part of our offense.

USC is playing mostly an 11 personnel now.  They were playing a 10 personnel in Octoner.  This will change our defensive alignment.

He thought the new system for determining the CCG teams would hurt Utah, but it helped.

We are a run-first team and that has not changed.

The O-line will be the same 5 that started the season.

Kincaid is a terrific talent.  Expects that USC will make adjustments to cover him better.

The D has grown up and improved.  We kept getting better and better.

The portal has changed how long it takes a coach to turn things around.

The time difference makes it difficult for western teams and players to get national attention.

Respects David Shaw a ton.  He will be back in coaching in his opinion.

Everybody has USC winning and going to the playoffs.  Whitt likes it that way.

He said that he hopes Phillips will play on Friday.

Coaching changes do affect recruiting and he expects that some players will change their commitment based on the coaching changes.

1 1

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

He “hopes” CP3 plays. I don’t like that and maybe I’m reading into things to deeply but it feels like he won’t play.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Why give SC any indication one way or another .. with that said, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t play .. more worried about the team being healthy

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

CP3 could be 80% to play or 20% to play and Whitt would give the same answer.  He’s been a great player for us and hopefully we’ll get to see him play another couple of games before he is off to the NFL.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I think it is just coach speak.

URow
      Ute Fan
      @urow

Whitt might be inferring Walker Lyons and Hunter Clegg are available since Shaw resigned 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt’s presser