Would things be different for William’s HS coach if he’d been told a month ago?

Viewing 2 reply threads
      2 1

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I mean what does it say about the HS program of an incumbent starter going into his Sr. season to get beat out by a Sophomore?

If the decision was that apparent a month ago, Troy Williams should have seen the writing on the wall. He didn’t, so I give the benefit of the doubt to the coaches.

Now if it was apparent and they kept stringing TW along, giving him precious reps in practice just to keep him around, that is just stupid. Anybody think Utah’s coaches are that stupid? Neither do I.

The QB situation for the Denver Broncos is the exact opposite. Elway picked his QB of the future, Paxton Lynch, and he hasn’t been able to surpass Trevor Siemian for the starter position. Reports were as the playbook got thicker Paxton got worse, just couldn’t pick it up. BTW Denver has never picked a QB in the first round that has turned out to be the starter. Remember Elway’s whole draft fiasco, refusing to play if the team with the 1st pick selected him. And they picked up Manning when most thought he was past his prime, and other than one year with the Broncos he was. They year they won the Superbowl he was pedestrian at best, but a great team leader.

In 1992 they picked Tommy Maddox, 2006 Jay Cutler, 2010 Tim Tebow, and where are they now? And what did they really ever do?

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

The thing that kills me about this whole narbonne HS coach is that Utah didn’t even recruit Troy out of that school! It was Sarkisian when he was up at UW that recruited him.

I mean, I want to see Troy play and given a chance in this new offense too (and I think he will), but that coach is way off base in his attacks on the Utah coaching staff. And also, shouldn’t he be focusing on the kids he is currently responsible for?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Guy sounds like a maroon.  Did he counsel Troy to quit UW and go to Junior College?   Then after JC, who was there for him, the Utes.  The Utes started him all last year, he’s respected as a leader (voted captain), its not like he was not given a chance to prove himself or had his reptuation tarnished by the coaches.   Of course the Utes are going to very cautious and take their time to be absolutly sure if they are leaning toward replacing a starting QB with a Soph.

You’re a HS coach, get your next Troy Williams to the next level and stop second guessing P5 college coaches.

To Troy Williams, you will see some playing time this year, make the most of it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Would things be different for William’s HS coach if he’d been told a month ago?