Would you rather

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Would you rather play a big name team that has fallen on hard times (ala Tennessee) or play a legit top 15 team like USC may be when we play them on Sep 20th? (It’s not BYU’s fault that Tennessee is not a good team this year.  They didn’t know that when they scheduled them.)

We all wanted to be in the PAC12 and play with the big boys.  This is the year that we have the studs to play with the best.  I want to win the PAC12 by beating the best, not by default because everyone is bad.

The reason I liked the 2008 season more than 2004 is because we beat two top ten teams and three other teams ranked in the top 25.  2004 was also very fun, but we beat one decent team that year, two if you count Pitt.  To me, 2008 is more meaningful because we played the best and won.  BYU’s 1984 season was a good one for them, but they beat nobody.  So how much does that undefeated season really mean?

USC appears to be very good as does WSU, Cal and probably UW.  We need to win these games.  I know we have the talent to beat any of these teams.  I am not sure that we have the consistency to beat all four, but I hope that we do.  I hope all four of these teams end up in the top 25.

Go Utes!!!

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

In an ideal world, beat the big boys when they’re at their best. But does it matter in the current CFB landscape? Bama and Clemson beat 1-2 very good teams on their way to the playoffs. Nobody seems to care about that.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I get your point about Clemson, but Alabama does have to play a lot of tough teams along the way.

In the end – beat who you play whatever team that is, no matter how good or bad they may be.

salty-ute
          Ute Fan
          @salty-ute

Bama has 3 hard games this year: TAMU, LSU and Auburn. TAMU and Auburn looked good but not great this week. The rest of their schedule is a cake walk.

I think Utah’s schedule is about like Alabama’s, and I’d prefer it that way, ideally playing 8 conference games.

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

I’d much rather have to fight through strong teams on the road to a potential P12 championship.  I’m hoping Utah and USC are both firing on all cylinders when they face each other in a few weeks.  

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Would you rather