Xavier Carlton

Viewing 2 reply threads

CornellUte
      Ute Fan
      @cornellute

Anyone know the story with the lack of PT for Xavier Carlton? He seemed to play well early in the year, and then wasn’t seen the 2nd half.  Was he injured? Really liked what we were seeing with him, and would have a really strong rotation at DE with Carlton, Fillinger and Elliss.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

I have been wondering the same thing.

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

I could be wrong, I am pretty sure there was some injury limitations. Junior Tafuna might have pushed him down a rung as well though.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Tafuna is an interior guy, so he doesn’t affect Carlton’s PT as a DE. Fillinger and Elliss’ improvement throughout the season resulted in fewer snaps for Carlton.

X was a sought-after recruit due to his size and frame, but he came out of HS really raw. He showed some flashes this year of being able to get into the backfield— he just needs to work on being more under control when he gets there. Also to be more stout in run D. Would be huge in replacing Tafua if X can take another step next year and Fillinger keeps his upward trajectory.

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @utebiquitous

I’ve been told Carlton is making the move to defenisve tackle. OnlyU probably knows more.

RustyShackleford
            Ute Fan
            @shakyute13

I have also heard this, i think it’s was onlyu or bartle that said it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Xavier Carlton