College GameDay is great exposure for our school.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      4 3

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

A lot of people watch the show.  It’s good exposure for our team.  And a great chance to showcase our school to the nation.

But most importantly, we need America to know that Utah is a team with an innovative uniform collection.  That’s why it’s imperative that we feature our black helmet with oversized logo front-and-center on the GameDay set.  The nation needs to understand when you add the genius of Under Armour with the history and tradition of the University of Utah, the result is a weak impersonation of the Atlanta Falcons.

Think about it.  The Atlanta Falcons are from the south, right?  You know what else is from the south?  Lots of college football fans.  It’s a genius marketing approach by the University, but mostly by Under Armour.

My only concern is the Park Building.  I’m worried the old fashioned structure has very little or no appeal to recruits.  Having it in the background behind the GameDay set may give viewers the wrong impression that Utah isn’t fully dedicated to “rocking” a “sick” image. I’m afraid some viewers might assume Utah doesn’t got what it takes to drop a three-color combo with black visors one week and then turn right around and go full stormtrooper the very next week.  But we know that’s simply not true.  Thank god.

So I propose–if it’s not too late–that we put up a big screen in front of the Park Building with an image of the Georgia Dome on it.  Think how sick that would look.

Also–to all those fans standing behind the GameDay set wearing red:  WTF?  At least hold up a sign with the Under Armour logo on it.  Do you even know anything about football?

DanielLaRussoUte
      Ute Fan
      @daniellarussoute

How old are you that you sarcastically use “rocking” and “sick” to mock youths?

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

I’ve got to ask: are you honestly suggesting youths today don’t use the words “rocking” or “sick?”

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Yeah! God forbid we have things that appeal to our younger fan base & our recruits! I think it’s in our best interests to forgoe any kind of recruiting advantage we may have with new uniforms and just roll out a plain red uniform and helmets and just pretend we are Penn State. Surely our extensive football history & tradition will be enough to lure high school recruits here. We could be the Purdue of the PAC-12! That would be so groovy! (Am I using that right?)

Although we may have signed a great apparel deal with Underarmour I think we’d all prefer a relationship with Nike worth about 1/4 the amount and be completely neglected while they promote our conference rivals. Go Nike!

1 1

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

LOL.  You really believe Under Armour is making us wear these ridiculous costumes just so we can enjoy some kind of recruiting advantage? That is so nice of them! We really ought to send them a thank you card!

One day–when you’re older and you’ve experienced life and business–you’ll understand that this isn’t really about recruiting at all. But in the meantime, go ahead and keep telling yourself that recruits are choosing Utah because our uniforms are inspired by the Dirty Bird.

Recruting advantage?  LOL.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Wow you really are out of touch with reality. 

The UA relationship is mutually beneficial for both Utah & UA. Also yes it does help because recruits & current players have said as much. 

Go go ahead and be crotchety about something most people get excited about or enjoy. 

Also the Captains choose the uniform combinations. You’re pretty off base on this one EL-OH-EL

1 1

Anonymous
          Inactive

Is this one of those UF.N posters that floated over here when the lights went out on that dump of a site?

Tony is there a flush handle for posters like this?

Riot West
            Ute Fan
            @riotwest

Is this one of those UF.N posters that floated over here when the lights went out on that dump of a site?

Tony is there a flush handle for posters like this?

@admin
            – In light of the above and the political lesbian/weiner post, I nominate @westcoastcutthroat to write the rules for what’s an acceptable post and what isn’t.

Purplestickystank
      Ute Fan
      @purplestickystank

Free pub!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football College GameDay is great exposure for our school.