Message boards that only talk sports get a little slow in the off season.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

People it’s ok to talk about other things. I come here  from out of state for Utah sports info cause I don’t get it where I live and don’t have any Ute sports info to share that you haven’t already heard.

I just think that in the off season we could talk about fishing, knitting or what ever.

When I’m not at the gym I’m  hunting Native American artifacts. Anyone else do this.

CrimsonUteBC
      Ute Fan
      @crimsonutebc

I agree.  I’m in the same boat.  Live in Columbus OH, and if it doesn’t have anything to do with the Big 10 or Ohio St, then I don’t hear about it.

The off-season can be pretty painful for this reason.  I’ve found myself starting to follow sports that I never have had interest in just to get myself through.

Never hunted Native American artifacts, but there are actually some pretty cool cave systems that were built by Native Americans near where I live.  A little claustrophobic crawling through some of it, but kinda cool to see.

Jumpmasterute
        Ute Fan
        @jumpmasterute

I jumped out of airplanes for 20 years and have no fear of that, but don’t put me in a cave that I can touch the roof while standing. I’d lose my mind.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Oh yeah things will be slow around here. As a regular UFN user for many years I would never login there between the end of basketball season and the beginning of football season.

So there may not be a lot of activity. No big deal. No need to post just for the sake of posting but feel free to discuss whatever, of course.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I’m in a band.
      I’m dating a hot blonde that likes to travel with me.
      I’ve been to a few countries – Israel, The Philippines, China, France, Germany, Denmark, Costa Rica, Mexico, Canada, and all over these United States.
      My son lives in Orem, and I hate it. Badly. At least he’s a Utah fan – raised him right.
      My daughter is dead to me.
      I survived a reorg today.
      The University of Utah changed my life for the better.
      I lift heavy things and put them down. Then I repeat many times.
      I’m a hopeful agnostic.
      Never went searching for Native American artifacts, but that does sound fun. So does caving.

Does that spark any conversation fodder?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Message boards that only talk sports get a little slow in the off season.