Mic the Drums

Viewing 8 reply threads

1standshort
      @1standshort

The drums at the end of the 3rd quarter are a great idea, but we have got to do something to improve the audio or engage the fans.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Agreed. That first game “whatever” they did was terrible…better this time, but still lacking in volume for what it is they are trying to present.

1standshort
        @1standshort

I don’t know it would even be allowed but, It would be really cool if the fans had noisemakers to follow the beat and it was double time.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

I am confused by the Japanese drum show. I wish we would do something that fired up the team for the 4th quarter – at their best the drums never did that imo

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jake

Blow up the drums. I hate the drums.

Tomasina
      Ute Fan
      @tomasina

We just need to get rid of the drums. The out-of-sync slow clap does nothing to build energy. The cannon is the only redeeming feature. Whenever the drums roll out, I hear numerous people complaining about it.

I still say we should give the third quarter break over to the Ute tribe, and allow them to use it to promote their tribe, and pump up the crowd. Last year they did a “good luck” dance, which was cool, and which most seemed to like.

Now mic’ing the band… that is something I could get behind.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Tomasina.

1standshort
        @1standshort

Haha the “Out-of-synce slow clap” is the worst! Whatever we do it needs to be LOUD. Granted, I’m up near the top but, I can barely here the drums. Someone commission the Jazz Bear.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

What we need is the blast Europe’s The Final Countdown over the speakers while launching a few fireworks then blasting the 4 cannons.

That being said, our stadium speakers aren’t that good.

Jumpmasterute
        Ute Fan
        @jumpmasterute

Milton always bringing a smile to my face.

Tomasina
        Ute Fan
        @tomasina

I would take this over the drums any day… assuming we could hear the speakers.

Jake
        Ute Fan
        @jake

The stadium PA is horrible. I imagine that it is similar to the sound whales would hear if you played 80’s rock underwater with the treble cranked to 11.

That said, I thought I heard that the video board and the PA were scheduled for upgrade next year. Does anyone know if that’s true?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I like the tribal part of the drums, but the crowd clapping off is horrid. Maybe a few more big ones would be cool.

UteSteve
      Ute Fan
      @utesteve

It needs to go away. Total energy suck and I think it does more harm than good.

DANgerous
      Ute Fan
      @dangerousute

The Michigan version was a disaster, the Utah State version was a lot better.

I’m not sure what the best answer is, because it is not my area of expertise. But the good news is that whoever is in charge of this seems to have also figured this out. The reason the whole thing sounded better against Utah State is that they included actual drummers from the band in the presentation.

I’m hoping that this means they are actually conferring with musicians who know how to play and create a presentation that can excite a crowd. Hopefully this will lead to further improvement in the whole drum thing. I will say that I have been to a college drum line competition and that was really cool and exciting. If they can generate that kind of excitement into this, then I could see it finally becoming a success.

UteSteve
        Ute Fan
        @utesteve

They tested the “Michigan Version” at Fan Fest and it was a disaster. I’m glad they got rid of it after one game. It seems the athletic dept. is getting better at seeking and implementing feedback.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Mic the Drums