Official Game Thread: BYU at Utah

Viewing 15 reply threads

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Admin’s note: This thread will exceed the reply limit on the home page threaded view. Click here to OPEN the full forum view. During the game there will likely be a lively (and unmoderated) chat going on as well.

Let’s combine all of our final thoughts before and during the game here. Makes for a fun thread. I’ll start it off with a score prediction:

27-13 Utah

Ute defense just too strong and too deep for the questionable Cougar O-line and they struggle to put together drives. Troy Williams shows flashes of greatness but we keep it conservative after getting a 2 score lead and lean on the defense to hold serve.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for starting it. I was just about to do that. I will add something to your post because I’m going to pin this to the top

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I like your prediction, Thlete. I could easily adopt it as my own.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

No respect on College Game Day. Now I want to run up the score.

Torg
        Ute Fan
        @torg

What were their predictions for today’s game?

CyclingUte
          Ute Fan
          @cyclingute

Only Corso picked the Utes

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think they bring out Mangum and start throwing jump balls to try to drag themselves back into it. But like you said defense wins this game again.

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

Second one on them calling out Mangum

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/iyJOC5JGufk&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Tried to embed a video , it didn’t work so well. GO UTES!!!!!!!!! RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by bopahull.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Ive spent the morning reading comments from seriously confident and pure hate filled zoobs. I am so ready for this game….

I think our D line manhandles their O line. I think we force Taysom to make throws that he cant and he throws 2 INTs, y fans will say after the game they would have won if they made less mistakes

Chitz
      Ute Fan
      @chitz

We will win this game in the trenches. Our D line will live up to its hype, and the O line will respond in a big way to all of the criticism since the SUU scrimmage. 31-9.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

I’m not an X’s and O’s guy so I have to look for other methods to predict our win. When I came out of the gym this morning there was a BMW parked next to me with a Ute Mom sticker on it. It may not seem significant to all of you But since this was in Nashville I’m taking it as a good omen and none of you can change my mind.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I think Utah is going to win this in the second half aka 54-10. Once up by 2 the Yners will quit on Sitake and Co.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I’m predicting 17-13 at half, and 34-20 for the final score. ONE MORE HOUR!!!!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

For anyone that recorded that game, they have this thing called BleachBit. I heard it works well at erasing stuff.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

First byu utah football game i’ve ever attended. what an interesting, messy, classic game.

Random sidenote: Ran into Dante Exum from the Jazz at the 7/11 on 400 s and 900 e. Chatted with the guy for a moment. Any other big time Jazz fans here?

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

I still can’t believe the Utes coughed up 6 fumbles, lost 3, and threw 3 INTs and STILL won the game. What a performance from the defense. I really wanted to finish that epic 12 minute 4th quarter drive with a TD. And not just because it would have made my prediction really close.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

This hit is going to be talked about all week. Targeting-ejection was the correct call. Since the rule has been in effect refs will go out of their way to call targeting-ejection. By in large, they are trying to get rid of the “kill shot” in football as they should. Looking at the targeting rule after two BYU players ejected during third quarter against Utah

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Based on reading the rules @89ute I would say both ejections were warranted. The first one I thought maybe not previously.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Official Game Thread: BYU at Utah