"The Utes beat the Cougars into submission in plenty of ways"

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

I am so happy that this game played out exactly as I expected.  My thinking coming in, based on performance in conference thus far, is that we are really good.  And by really good, I mean that we have the athletes and basketball skills to not have to worry about winning games like this.  If we can do the same again at Washington Saturday, then I am going feel pretty awesome about this team.

My sense is that I haven’t felt this good about a team since the old MWC or WAC days, like 1996-97, and 1997-98 when we absolutely knew that when we went to Rice, Wyoming or Colorado State, we would kill them, and even the middle of the pack, we’d win comfortably, and that there were only a few teams in the league that have the horses to run with and beat us.

I think it is safe to say that Devon, Zo, Jojo, Cedric, Kuz, & Collette could start on just about any team in the PAC, and Tyler & Jayce would probably start on any of the bottom teams and be seeing minutes on just about any team.  Larry obviously knew what he was doing and has the inside track on COY in teh PAC.

Milton Vanderslice
        Ute Fan
        @miltonvanderslice

The box score was nice to look at.  Pretty even spread by everyone points wise.

Kuzma 19
        Bonam 17
        Barefield 10
        Bealer 10
        Van Dyke 9
        Rawson 9
        Johnson 9
        Daniels 4
        Joki 1

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Thank you, basketball, for not playing to the level of every team you face, and putting games away early. My cardiologist is appreciative. Football, not so much.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yes yes. UCLA was one thing, but coming down to the wire against WSU would not have been a good thing.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

No kidding. What would it be like to have an offense that is just effective? It would sure be nice to start off next year 4-0 with 4 blowout wins. We should blow each team out, we are just better than all four.

How about a nice 70-3 win to start the year. Then, when we get up 24-7 on BYU like we do every year, we don’t quit and win that game 38-19. Then go beat down SJSU, 45-17, then Arizona with a good 35-28 win.

What would it be like to head into the bye before Stanford averaging 47 pts a game? Ha ha. A man can dream, right?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) "The Utes beat the Cougars into submission in plenty of ways"