9 OU football player test positive for COVID

Viewing 3 reply threads
      8 1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

After returning home from break. I just saw someone make some comment on another thread about how conferences that have canceled football are siding with science. Looks like kids are safer with their team than they are going home and exposing themselves to more people, in an uncontrolled environment.
      ESPN article

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That’s the going theory at this point. I think no matter what, college age kids are going to get it. Not going to keep them from socializing. 

3 1

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yeah and the PAC and BIG presidents know this. They’re not stupid people.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

This is my feeling exactly, if we ever wanted an experiment, this was it.  They were in a very controlled environment for about 3 weeks.  Last two weeks no new positives.   Let them loose in the general population for less than a week – bam, 10% get COVID-19.   The PLAYERS ARE SAFER WITH THE TEAM!!!

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

I hate that the B1G and PAC have put me in a spot where I’m cheering for the other 3 P5 conferences to fail/cancel. This all sucks. Feels like we’ve completely lost our ability to assess risk and the “safe” choice is to become agoraphobes indefinitely instead of taking precautions as best we can and live life.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I understand your feelings, but at this point, I am still cheering for the other conferences to succeed because I would rather they be right and have the Pac12 / Big10 look bad than have football cancelled altogether. Pac12 needs some serious self reflection, and that is not going to happen if the others all fail.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 9 OU football player test positive for COVID