A little anaylsis against Oregon

Viewing 10 reply threads

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

I’m far from being an expert, but I like to break down a few plays and see what’s going on when things are slowed down. Gives me a chance to look at why certain plays happen like they do. Check out my thoughts here. I’d love to hear some feedback.

http://www.tornbysports.com/utah-vs-oregon-2015/

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Great write up. I had not realized the DE pushed the tackle back into the QB on that int. HUGE play that really blew the game open. I was initially thinking it was just a terrible throw, but you pointed out the pressure really collapsed the pocket and caused it.

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

Great job, I would live to see you continue to post this kind if information.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Very well done.

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

Please keep posting these. I love this stuff.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Nice. If you could return some linkback love here to the Hub that would be great.

SouthJordanUte
        Ute Fan
        @southjordanute

Tony – I think that would be awesome. I don’t own or run tornbysports.com so not sure if they would do something like that. I can always ask though.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Great stuff!

I would love to see some analysis on the two touchdown passes to Repp. I think those shows some great decision making and skill by Travis and the offense.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The second TD pass to Repp was a total dunce move by Oregon. They made soooo many mistakes, it wasn’t just one position group either it was all of them. They had a linebacker covering Covey on his TD reception. It was almost as if they didn’t study anything but focus on Booker.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Oregon very badly misses Nick Aliotti this year. He was a very good defensive coordinator, but he retired after the 2013 season. Their defense is a shambles this year. They are #12 in the PAC-12 in every category.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Puget Ute.
        • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Puget Ute.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

They had a down lineman covering our guy in the slot, and the guy lined up across from Repp was even SHOWING blitz. It was incredibly bad.

Hockeybeard
          Ute Fan
          @hockeybeard

That play was bizarre…the safety was on the right side playing double coverage with the inside corner on the slot down there, and Repp went free with a DE blitz stopping and run back. They had NO chance on that play. The blitz should have been called off.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

I get the feeling the Oregon coaching staff grew addicted to ‘out-athleting’ every team they play, and got sloppy in their scheming and fundamentals. They will need to tighten up errors like this if they want to survive.

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

The other TD pass was simply one on one coverage to Repp. Travis just had to make one read. The thing that I was impressed with was Travis’ accuracy and how he put the ball right on Repp’s back shoulder where the Oregon defender couldn’t get to it.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

Since we have two weeks to wait, and there were so many great plays against Oregon, how about a “part 2”?

DANgerous
      Ute Fan
      @dangerousute

Wow, thanks for putting in the time to put that together. Good stuff. I had never noticed the pulling guard on Booker’s touchdown throw. They really went all in to sell the run there, and it worked.

Texasute
      Ute Fan
      @texasute

Ditto to the other comments. I like your analysis. Good easy format to follow.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A little anaylsis against Oregon