A. Plummer just drained three 3’s in a row for #13 Illinois against #3 Purdue

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

He leads the Big 10 in made 3 pointers this year. Has 6 games with 5 or more 3 pointers made. 

Timmy Allen, Pelle Larson, A. Plummer all playing for top 10 teams. Something they wished they would get with Krystkowiak. I always got the feeling that K checked out at some point. Not sure what happened. 

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

While I am extremely happy for the former Utes…these posts depress me. 🙁 Hopefully Coach Smith can get basketball back to what it once was.

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

I had always thought we were still playing well on D and in other facets with k….

don’t know why he stopped caring about running a competent offense though…

K needed some serious self scouting for sure… and never bothered to do it…  everything else was there…  

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

What a weird ending to his run

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

You seem to be remembering incorrectly. Truth is, LK only had a competent offense for a year or two, when he had 3 legit NBA starters on his team. It was the Jakob PnR, or pass around the perimeter and ask the shortest guy on the team to shoot a contested desperation bomb at the buzzer.

LK was always a s**tty Xs and Os guy. Terrible at breaking the press. Terrible at coaching half court offense. 

Smith is clearly the better coach. Recruits just have no reason to come to SLC.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

IOW he didn’t give up on the offense, he just sucked at it from the get go. For the first few years his entire strategy was to milk time off the clock and shoot threes hoping to keep things close. Almost every shot was with less than 3 on the clock.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Thank God for the #3 Red Rocks.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) A. Plummer just drained three 3’s in a row for #13 Illinois against #3 Purdue