Ability to "Star" posts?

Viewing 7 reply threads

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Do we have the ability to “star” posts here?

If not, it would definitely something that would be good to implement.

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

I agree. A great deal of my self esteem is tied to stars I get for posts.

I wish I was kidding.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

Red star/Like/Upvote/This^

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’m sure many things will be added. He threw this together in part of a day, which is incredible to me. It’s already a very serviceable site as is. I’m sure it will only get better.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

Apparently the Reply button is above the post… Silly me.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by jamarcus24.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

One goddamn day to put this together, and we’ve been begging monkey to fix a few small details for years. I don’t want to pile on, but this last panhandling go around kinda torqued me.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

***. Here you go

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

What we really need now are sharks with laser beams.

null

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Tacoma Ute.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Forget the stars. It creates tree house gangs and bullying. This should be a forum where INDIVIDUALS are not afraid to post.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

I think an ability to star/upvote/like a post would be a nice way to give feedback. No tracking of how many stars a person accumulates that’s silly. If it’s just a way of expressing appreciation for something good or clever without having to clutter the board with “I agree” or “right on” then it serves a purpose. If it’s a status symbol then it’s lame. my 0.02

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

^^^THIS^^^. Just an “upvote” or “like”. No downvote or tallying of total “likes” for any individual.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yes the “like” or “dislike” functions are pretty cool. It’s something I’d like to put in. Right now the forum is vanilla, right out of the box. Even I’m getting used to how the reply works. I’m not a big fan of it being at the bottom, even though you might be replying to a comment several posts above it. Maybe I can muck with that and make it better.

I think what I should do is come up with a suggestion box or suggestion thread for people to post all of their critiques and their ideas. As a group we can come up with some great ideas.

This is just day ONE! What happens in day two?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Ability to "Star" posts?