Almost zero talk of sports on utefans.net

• Next: Arizona State – Sat Oct 19 4PM – Pac12 TV
      9 2

UTUTE
      Ute Fan
      @utute

Sifting through the posts used to be tolerable. The occasional one-sided political talk was OK and sometimes entertaining to read.  Now it’s non-stop and too much….time to look into unchecking Politics category.

9 1

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Probably should have let that thing die a year ago.

6 1

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

It’s infested. 

8 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You don’t enjoy circle jerk sarcastic remarks about politics with little actual valuable opinions?

Hammer
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I have never participate in anything contreversial over there.  

PFFFFT!

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Any insight to why politics are such a big draw on that board? Seems like it’s the same guys that post over and over and over. 

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Any insight to why politics are such a big draw on that board? Seems like it’s the same guys that post over and over and over.

I think you just answered your own question. 🙂

I used to participate, but bowed out months ago.

89ute
            Ute Fan
            @89ute

@skinyute I’m glad you did. We are different politically but when we are here it’s all about Utah sports. That’s what I want out of a message board. Politics has infiltrated EVERYTHING so there is no need to mix it with our Utes.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

Well, they’ve created an echo chamber over there where everyone will agree with you if you are left wing and ostracized and mocked if you are right-wing. They’ve created a nice little “safe-space” for themselves.

UTUTE
            Ute Fan
            @utute

@alohaute.  Well said. That’s exactly the feel I get.  

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

Well, reality does tend to have a liberal bias. 🙂

There were quite a few right-wing folks who I liked debating with because they brought data, thought, and actual relevance to a discussion. I actually quite enjoyed hearing and debating an alternate point of view, even if I completely disagreed with it.

Since it’s devolved into little more than a series of memes and “STIGGINIT!” from both sides (which, frankly, deserves ostracizing and mocking), there isn’t much point in trying to have any sort of actual discussion.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

If they screech loud and long enough they think you will eventually validate their positions. I enjoy a good give and take discussion, but unless you are part of the echo chamber you need not apply.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Fan Board Forums Politics Almost zero talk of sports on utefans.net

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  SkinyUte 1 year, 9 months ago.