Almost zero talk of sports on utefans.net

Viewing 5 reply threads
      9 2

UTUTE
      Ute Fan
      @utute

Sifting through the posts used to be tolerable. The occasional one-sided political talk was OK and sometimes entertaining to read.  Now it’s non-stop and too much….time to look into unchecking Politics category.

9 1

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Probably should have let that thing die a year ago.

6 1

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

It’s infested. 

8 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You don’t enjoy circle jerk sarcastic remarks about politics with little actual valuable opinions?

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I have never participate in anything contreversial over there.  

PFFFFT!

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Any insight to why politics are such a big draw on that board? Seems like it’s the same guys that post over and over and over. 

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Any insight to why politics are such a big draw on that board? Seems like it’s the same guys that post over and over and over.

I think you just answered your own question. 🙂

I used to participate, but bowed out months ago.

89ute
            Ute Fan
            @89ute

@skinyute I’m glad you did. We are different politically but when we are here it’s all about Utah sports. That’s what I want out of a message board. Politics has infiltrated EVERYTHING so there is no need to mix it with our Utes.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

Well, they’ve created an echo chamber over there where everyone will agree with you if you are left wing and ostracized and mocked if you are right-wing. They’ve created a nice little “safe-space” for themselves.

UTUTE
            Ute Fan
            @utute

@AlohaUte.  Well said. That’s exactly the feel I get.  

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

Well, reality does tend to have a liberal bias. 🙂

There were quite a few right-wing folks who I liked debating with because they brought data, thought, and actual relevance to a discussion. I actually quite enjoyed hearing and debating an alternate point of view, even if I completely disagreed with it.

Since it’s devolved into little more than a series of memes and “STIGGINIT!” from both sides (which, frankly, deserves ostracizing and mocking), there isn’t much point in trying to have any sort of actual discussion.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

If they screech loud and long enough they think you will eventually validate their positions. I enjoy a good give and take discussion, but unless you are part of the echo chamber you need not apply.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Almost zero talk of sports on utefans.net