An aspect that is being overlooked imo

Viewing 6 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

The return of an electric Britain Covey in 2020 could absolutely make up for any potential running game regression.
      More confident Kuithe + healthy Covey + stronger faster Thompson + Nacua&Enis + Brumfield&Wilmore +elite throwing QB = a force to be reckoned with.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

I so wish they had red shirted him last year while saving him for the last 4 games.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Had to give it ago though. We had a legit shot at the playoff last year. Couldn’t pull any cards. I’m glad he’s back this year and honestly, the guys body probably can’t take much more than another year. Takes more big hits than anyone I’ve seen in awhile.

cj13
          Ute Fan
          @cjohnsen13

Britain Covey DID redshirt last year. He only played in four games

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Doesn’t look like he added muscle. Maybe they will just be wiser in the way they use him. Opposing teams loved to wind up and hit him. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I think Ty Jordan could surprise. I wonder if Fillinger and Carlton will make the 2-deep immediately? We all assume CP3 will play from day 1. Defense has a lot to prove.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

How would Covey make up for “running game regression?”  WTF?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Tony covey would make up for it by having a more dynamic passing attack.

Also, how’s the qb battle looking?

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

He could also contribute significant production via the screen game, which many teams use as a pseudo running game.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

I don’t think Covey will be used in the punt game going forward. I could be wrong, but saving those miles and hits would be wise.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football An aspect that is being overlooked imo