Apparently PAC to SDSU, “NOPE YET”

Viewing 6 reply threads

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

SDSU sent notice to MWC they will remain members. Exit fee just doubled to $34 mil.

This must also affect SMU

Since we enjoy fall trips to SoCal this news is a little disappointing.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I keep hearing they may stick with 10 teams. Aa far as SMU, as far as I know, it only affects them as far as not being invited.

1 5

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

This could mean so many different things and I don’t think any of them are positive in terms of the media deal.

4 5

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

This looks very bad for the Pac12… Maybe the Pac12 is keeping this SO under wraps that they aren’t communicating with a prime expansion target (unlikely). But, if we really have a good media contract right around the corner, you know San Diego would likely be a part of it and I would have to imagine that they would have been given reassurances that they’ll be included.
        One way or the other it’s clear that San Diego isn’t a believer. They just voted that the Pac12 will either get a contract that keeps them together, but won’t be expanding (unlikely) or that the Pac12 is on its way to collapsing (more likely, which seriously sucks). Even if some teams bolt, but the Pac12 survives by adding more MWC teams, that would still result in more money for San Diego than just staying in the MWC would be. And they clearly don’t think that’s likely either.
        Like I said, looks real bad for the Pac12.
        I’ll cross my fingers and toes for a Big10 invite, but it’s more likely that we’ll be headed to be the Big12.
        Maybe the Pac12 will pull this out and stay at 10 teams for 24-25 before expanding in 25, but it’s looking much less likely. This really sucks.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

DOOOOOM!

NashvilleUte
          Ute Fan
          @nashvilleute05

On the bright side, going to the Big12 will mean, and a greater chance of more conference championships, and therefore a greater chance to be in the playoffs.

Roy Rangum
          Ute Fan
          @royrangum

Well crap. While I think this appropriately raises concerns about a potential media deal as pointed out by others, I’m going to hold out hope that this was the result of a conscientious decision by the PAC to stay put at 10.

Roy Rangum
            Ute Fan
            @royrangum

After reading Canzano’s most recent article, I also came to the obvious realization that this was the deadline to add SDSU in 2024, but they could still add them for 2025 at any point. As long as a deal gets made, I don’t think that one year makes a huge difference.

radioUte
          Ute Fan
          @radioute

After listening to Yormark’s comments this week it sounds like the B12 ship has already sailed.

1 7

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

After all that talk of adding SDSU and SMU, and then not adding them, it makes Pac-12 leadership look like they don’t know what they’re doing.  If Kliavkoff doesn’t have a media deal before Pac-12 media days (July 21st), then I think we’ll need to consider finding a new conference commissioner.  Because other than moving our HQ out of our super expensive office in San Francisco, I hadn’t really seen anything in the way of implementation and execution of strategic initiatives.  What has he done thus far?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

The talk was all done by the media. The Pac-12 leadership has not talked. This portends nothing.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

2 2

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Time to freak out and panic. Doom and gloom. Utes to the WAC.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I think they said “yeah, sure….sir”

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Maybe the strategy is to let USC and UCLA flounder in B1G and then come home after their reputations are in the toilet. UCLA is going to go straight to the cellar.

That or they are almost ready to sign up BYU and its nAtIoNwIDe FaN BaSE. 😂 (If any of you want to have fun, compare their headliner away game TV numbers against the opponents’ other tv numbers that season.)

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Apparently PAC to SDSU, “NOPE YET”