Are we expecting Sewell to come back next year?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

If so, we might have the best group of LB’s in the conference. Heck, probably one of the best in the country.

Sewell 

Reid 

Barton (who I expect to be a starter right away)

Then you’ve got guys like Tufaga, Mata’afa, and Furey. That’s a lot to be excited about.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Come a long way since the early seasons in the Pac-12 when Utah had walk-on linebackers. 

McG
      Ute Fan
      @kmcg5426

What happened to Ethan Calvert? Is he injuried? Buried on the depth chart? 

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I’ve been asking this same question for a while now, and I can’t get a straight answer. One rumor suggested he had a career-ending injury and might be done with football. It would be nice to get the real information because he’s one of the highest rated recruits Utah has ever signed and nobody is talking about him.

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

In that scenario, our LB room would be this:

Sewell

Reid

Mata’afa

Tufaga

Furey

Eliss

Ethan Calvert

Josh Calvert

Barton

Medlock

I fully would expect to see some transfers/attrition due to the sheer talent this room has. 5 4* guys! And I’m sure I’ve missed someone. Colton Swan has become one of the best position coaches in the nation. 

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

I think they had Eliss playing DE

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

He’s a hybrid, but as he matures he’ll probably fill out and be on the D-line.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

You forgot Reynolds…..He has great genes…..His father Paul played w/Pat Tillman & Jake Plummer on the last ASU Rose Bowl team…..Was dominate down here in HS.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Watch Reynolds high school tape. The guy moves laterally like the best I’ve ever seen. I’m pretty sure the coaches were high on that. He is a pure run stopper. I dunno how good he is in coverage, but I trust Colton Swan to fix that up.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I am hoping Sewell and Kincaid take the opportunity to return and be the featured LBer and TE. I think they progress much further in that roll then trying to make it in the NFL. If the LBer room is as strong as expected maybe we see a lot more 4,3 in obvious run downs or maybe rotation between pass and run downs. The defense may want to adjust to a great position group like the offense did due to great TEs.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Sewell is a stud. This year he was definitely over shadowed by Lloyd. But that would be 99% of LBs in college.

Kinda reminds me of Cody Barton’s junior year. Then Barton was an animal his senior year.

I hope Sewell comes back but if he tries for the league, I wish the best.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Are we expecting Sewell to come back next year?